Spwing!

The_DollmakerFebruary 2, 2005

Actually I'm not sick of winter yet, but I do get a little thrill when the Hedgehog Hill Farm catalog arrives. I can't do Barter Day this year but if you can get to Sumner, that's a good deal too... you get to pick from a long list of available days, you learn about greenhouse operations while you work, and you get a $50.00 free plants coupon. In the catalog, you get lots of freebies for ordering by March 1. I'll post a link if you're interested, the deal applies to online orders too. They have only plants & gifts, no seeds, and it's pick-up only.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hedgehog Hill Farm

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

looks like a really fun place to visit. I really liked the basket class pictures in the link. I hope some day to be able to go check them out. Thanks for sharing

Bookmark   February 4, 2005 at 12:35AM
The_Dollmaker

They do a hypertufa class to.. I keep saying I'm going to go. Also T'ai Chi (well Qi Gong really) in the garden.

Bookmark   February 4, 2005 at 11:21AM
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

the T'ai Chi would be fun, err what is a hypertufa class?

Bookmark   February 4, 2005 at 4:18PM
The_Dollmaker

Hypertufa is really cool! It's a kind of concrete made from Portland cement, sand and peat (That's where my problem is - I wonder if they would consider substituting coir instead of peat?) Anyway, you can make big troughs and fountains out of it that look like stone, and they're so light you can pick them up and tote them all over your yard when they're empty.

Peat moss is considered sustainable because there's so much of it in Canada, but it's not renewable unless you consider 500 years an acceptable renewal cycle. Coir is cocnut fiber, which some have been using as a substitute.

Bookmark   February 5, 2005 at 8:22AM
More Discussions
Ut Oh. Maine is a very inactive forum.
Ok. Let's chat. I live somewhere near Ellsworth, although...
annpatt
Who has Grapes in Maine
How about a few notes from anyone growing grapes in...
bberry_gw
more RAIN!!
do you think we will be able to grow gardens this season?...
sherryinmaine
Indoor tomato starts
Hi, this will be my 4th garden this year....I haven't...
skullz13
New Tomato Transpants Help
Hi all, I am new here, hoping for some help with the...
lisaw2015
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™