Housemate wanted--does anyone even read this forum?

jane_artistFebruary 23, 2008

Wow, this forum looks dead...

Well here goes, we need a housemate:

We are a family of 3: Mom (44)--artist and gardener. Dad (45)--Dept. of Defense. Daughter (14)--homeschooled. Dog--greyhound. We are calm, quiet, happy, always studying and researching for work, school, and hobbies. We have a lot of garden and garden space--help yourself, LOL!

We are seeking a Female non-smoker, non-drinker, no drugs, no drama, fairly tidy person. No overnight guests. Credit and background check required (through secure online service).

The bedroom is 12' x 14', with 4 windows, 2 closets, hardwood floor. Furnished with full size futon sofa bed with thick futon plus bedding, hutch (dresser/shelf combo), small dresser, mirror, table lamp, desk with chair, and mini blinds. Space for more furnishings, exercise equipment, or TV (see photos). Key lock door.

Share large bathroom with teen (you have priority and ample private storage). Share living/dining/kitchen (private cupboards), washer/dryer, deck, fenced backyard, garden, ample parking on street. Wireless DSL internet, broadcast TV.

Public Transport: walk to Metro Bus line to Greenbelt Metro (10 mi. drive to metro), walk (long) to Metro Bus line to Silver Spring Metro; walk to Marc Train to DC and Baltimore (Camden line). 15 mi. to DC and Baltimore, 20 mi. to Annapolis, 10 mi. to BWI Airport, 5 mi. to Ft Meade.

Local attractions: Riverfront Park, Historic Main Street, shopping and services all in walking distance, short drive to Laurel Racetrack, Patuxent Wildlife Refuge.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beagler1776(z6MD)

Hiya Jane,

Not looking for a room, but your place sounds wonderful. Just had to say that I was wondering the same thing about posting here! Guess I'll go ahead and see if I get any replies... Good luck to you!

Leslie

Bookmark   February 26, 2008 at 4:14PM
lynneinmd

Most/all of the chat ends up in the other portions of this forum - I know I check this part occasionally, but it's definitely not active.

Good luck finding a roomie! Sounds like a terrific place!

Lynne

Bookmark   February 28, 2008 at 1:47PM
jane_artist

Got someone!

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 2:06PM
More Discussions
Flowers that will bloom by June 20th in Zone 7a?
Getting married June 20th and want to grow some of...
Morcar21
Nandina 'Plum Passion,' beautiful, but hardy??
Hi. I would love to plant a bunch of Nandina "Plum...
reddbuffalo
Anyone in the D.C. area want a small hoop house?
I'm in the D.C. area this week and have this to give...
elisa_z5
Honeysuckle bushes and vines, anyone grow them?
Hello.... =) Does anyone have Honeysuckle in their...
gypsysunrise
Article on Rain Garden design
Hope this is the right forum: This Philadelphia landscaper...
jkom51
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™