is it just me...

mrscoyleMarch 14, 2007

...or does anyone else make a dozen or more trips around their yard to gaze at the little green tips of flowers that are finally poking their heads up? My neighbors must think I am obsessive but every plant that seems to have survived makes me feel so successful.

I have a tiny yellow crocus that made an appearance today. I think it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. So far.

Maybe I've just been indoors too long.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bspofford

No, Mrs. Coyle, it's not just you!.

I can't believe how fast the snow is melting. Sunday my front yard had a clear patch about 4x4. I spotted 3 daffodil shoots today, and the 4x4 patch is now 1/2 the front yard. Be sure to still keep the boys engaged in the growing process so they can equate their labors of last fall with the emerging plants.

I garden indoors with african violets during the winter, but am so looking forward to the tulips and daffs planted last year, as are you and the rest of the whole state. Thank goodness we had the snow to insulate our bulbs.

Barbara

Bookmark   March 14, 2007 at 7:13PM
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

It was heaven to step outside yesterday and feel the sun on my back!

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 7:03AM
mrscoyle

Thanks Barbara,

You must know that I've dragged my boys around the yard at least a half dozen times to check out the fruits of our labor. My oldest can identify the crocus leaves coming up and I think he correctly identified a daffodil. I'm not 100% sure if he's right about the daffodil but it's as good a guess as I would make.

Jennifer

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
spring blooming white flowered bush
Hi all, I have a friend in Maine who planted an unknown...
Elijahs.Mimi
Small fruit classes?
Wondering if anyone knows of any classes in small fruit...
bushpilot1
Stepable plants to control erosion on a small hill
I have a camp on a lake in the middle of Maine that...
Debnroux
Can I plant YET? lol
Hey I was hoping someone would tell me I COULD plant...
swiftfml
garden 2012
Okay, I am back after a not so fruitful first try back...
normathenewbie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™