just found this forum and looking for epimedium rubrum

marthacr(z5 Me)March 26, 2005

I haven't used these forums for quite a while and didn't know there was one specific to Maine, YAY!

I am looking for epimedium rubrum. I saw it at the Boston Flower show and said "Yes, THAT is what I need for groundcover!" Does anyone know where to get it in Maine or by catalog? I haven't found it yet in any of my catalogs.

Thanks,

Martha

(heading out to my cold greenhouse to try some winter sowing!)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cindy_T(z4-5 ME)

Welcome Martha! Try this link for Collectors Nursery. I ordered from them last year and was very happy with their customer service. I got a couple of unusual plants and have more ordered for this year. They have quite a selection of epimediums. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Collectors Nursery

Bookmark   March 27, 2005 at 5:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

I always get a bit uncomfortble with questions about recommending businesses. Mostly because I am in the ornamental plant business (over 27 years) and want to say come to my place and I'll sell it to you. However, due to reugulations on the forums, I cant do that.

Anyways good luck finding your plants, I adore the bishops weed which you are referencing to. Georgousfloweers that resemble the crown of a bishop and the tipped red edge of the large leaves make for interest after the flowers have past. Be sure and plant this in shade to part shade, I am not sure how the Boston Flower Show showed it.

Bookmark   March 27, 2005 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
Who has Grapes in Maine
How about a few notes from anyone growing grapes in...
bberry_gw
Coastal Plants ID
On a recent trip along the coast of Maine I saw some...
tropic_of_chesapeake
What is this sweet plant ?
Hi, I saw this plant in Southwest Harbour , Maine,...
carib2008
How doe your garden grow?
I hope there are some people who still are active on...
bonnylynn
Help with ID this plant
**THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ID!** We visited Rockport...
p.polyxenes
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™