Great Spring!

Sky351(5Maine)April 6, 2005

Hi All,

What a pleasure it is seeing "brown"! I never thought I would see bare ground again, and to my surprise it's here! Strolled threw my garden, and was amazed to see all the life already! How did you're garden's fare? What's everyone up too?

Be Well

Bev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

It sure is nice, just a little snow left, not including the snowbanks where we shoveled. And does it really look like the grass is getting a little greener?

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 8:25AM
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

what a georgeous day!!! I'll be out until dark I hope working around the gardens!

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 11:48AM
Sky351(5Maine)

Nods ~~~~~ Uh huh! :))

You home Lilyroseviolet??

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 5:58PM
maine_gardener(Z 5 Me)

I uncovered all my daylily beds and to my surprise there all up even though they where covered in snow just last week. I took 4 big truck loads of leaves to the dump yesterday.Daffodils are all budded up. Grass is getting that green look. Finally!

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 6:56PM
Cindy_T(z4-5 ME)

Snowdrops are in bloom here. I'd never planted them before, but they are SUCH a welcome sight that I think I'll put a lot more in this fall.

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 6:29AM
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

yes, I am home finally!!! YIPPPEEE just in time for all the work to do!

Crocus along the house foundation are bloomin their hearts out!

I havent seen snow drops in a while! Cant have enough flowers, I think I'll take CIndy's lead and put in a lot!

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 10:34AM
Sky351(5Maine)

Welcome home!!!

Cindy â I just looked them up "How Beautiful" what variety do you have??? And where did you buy them? I guess I'll have to follow suit with the rest of you!

Be Well
Bev

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 11:33AM
chelone

This is the time of year that makes me wish I'd been more involved with bulb planting! What a joy it is to see the brave shoots poking out of the ground and the first flowers of the season.

It was an easier winter than 2003-4, more snow cover, so I'm hopeful that things will come through in fine shape. I heard the first peepers today, too.

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 5:56PM
chicken_lady(z3/4 Maine)

No fair Chelone! I'm still under at least a foot and a half of snow up here! :-( It'll probably still be a week or two before we hear the peepers here, but most of the river (Piscataquis)is free of ice this evening. But I did hear our robins singing today and the finches and siskins and such have been singing their hearts out for the past couple of weeks. Won't be to much longer for me!
Yea spring, my favorite season in the garden!

Cathy

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 11:33PM
zintal(z5ME)

Boy am I glad our sump pump is working! Our snow would have ended up in the cellar. The bridge is finally out on top of the water in my field and crocus are blooming, tommorrow possibly the scilla siberica.

My husband and I got a surprise Friday. My Mother bought Maxim strawberries and they arrived early. We dug out the pyramid and planted fifty strawberry plants after replacing all the soil in the pyramid. These berries are supposed to get as big as peaches. This I just have to see to believe.

After that we went to Skillins for straw to cover them and bought 5-10-5 to fertilize and turn our three raised vegetable beds. Bought cold weather veg seeds and a water the gardens thing on a tripod that actually reaches all the gardens and is light to move to the other gardens.

We had great fun. The beds are all turned fertilized and around April 17th it will be safe to plant cold weather veggie seeds.

Bookmark   April 10, 2005 at 11:47PM
More Discussions
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
What is this sweet plant ?
Hi, I saw this plant in Southwest Harbour , Maine,...
carib2008
which seeds are best to use?
I haven't purchased any seeds yet and not sure which...
normathenewbie
garden 2012
Okay, I am back after a not so fruitful first try back...
normathenewbie
The Curse of the Plume Poppy
About 3 years ago my husband (the landscaper no less)...
Limur
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™