Boothbay area

veilchen(5b southern Maine)May 20, 2006

Does anyone have a contact (name/phone #, or website) for the garden club that is in the Boothbay region?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny12

Go to www.mainegardenclubs.com. Maine, like all states, is divided into districts. Click on Medomak District. There you will see a list of garden clubs in that district. Some have websites, including one in Boothbay. There may be more than one GC in Boothbay--I don't know. There is also the email for the District Director and you can email her for info.

Note there is a national group to which the Maine federation of GCs belongs. It is National Garden Clubs, Inc. The website is www.gardenclub.org. That site has links to the various state federations, which in turn include links to individual garden clubs that have websites--more and more every day.

If you can't find a club this way, call the local public library which usually has a list of local community organizations and contact info. The snobby days are long over (in most cases!)--ya'll come!

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 9:18AM
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

Thanks Ginny. I am pres. of a garden club in southern Maine and wanted to speak to someone up in Boothbay about the possibility of our members visiting some gardens up there this summer.

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 7:58AM
ginny12

Well, that sounds like fun. Can't think of anything nicer than being in a Maine garden in the summer. Bet they'll ask to come see your club's gardens one day too. That's actually a great idea--hope it all works out for your club.

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 2:53PM
fivemeows(5)

If you are coming to Boothbay then this is a must check out the web site http://www.mainegardens.org/learn.htm.. The garden club has a summer house and garden tour I think its in July. That would be a great time to have your garden club visit.

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 11:30AM
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

thanks, 5meows. We will be visiting the Coastal Maine Botanical Garden that day. We will have a couple of hours in between our visit to Eartheart Gardens in Harpswell and CMBG, thought it would be nice to make another garden-related stop. We considered the idea of attending a garden tour, but decided it would be a bit difficult with a bus and 30+ people with the timeline.

Bookmark   May 24, 2006 at 6:49AM
More Discussions
which seeds are best to use?
I haven't purchased any seeds yet and not sure which...
normathenewbie
Best Greenhouses in Maine
I was wondering where the best Greenhouses in Maine...
Kathy_in_Maine
How doe your garden grow?
I hope there are some people who still are active on...
bonnys
Asparagus Questions
Ok my wife knows how much I love that asparagus so...
macropora
Growing Rhododendron in northern Maine
I live in Caribou, ME and visted the Connecticut shore...
dtl11
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™