Bark Mulch Source

mlwschultz(z5 ME)May 31, 2005

Looking for some dark pine (black) bark mulch. Anyone know of a reasonably priced source that delivers to the Biddeford-Saco-OOB area?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

Hi mlw, I'm in Saco and usually get mine from Moody's. A couple years ago it was averaging $28/yd delivered. May be more now.

Bookmark   June 1, 2005 at 7:28AM
mlwschultz(z5 ME)

Yes, it's higher there now. In addition to the price of the mulch ($24.50/yard) they are charging $20 for delivery. I'm only 1/2 mile away from them & think that $20 for delivery is absolutely ridiculous! I'm looking for someone more reasonably priced, but thanks for your input.

Bookmark   June 1, 2005 at 8:18AM
reggie220(z5ME)

Try National Landscape and Garden Center on route 1. They have a nice dark bark, not sure on price though. 24.50 is a good price for a well-aged dark bark, they aren't making too much on that, so they have to charge for delivery or they lose money. Wholesale prices have gone up since last year and freight hasn't gotten any cheaper either.

Bookmark   June 1, 2005 at 6:23PM
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

Hey you guys, I live in Saco too!

If you're getting several yardsat once, the $20 delivery fee doesn't seem as bad.

I passed by that Rhododendron place on Bradley St., he had a big sign up advertising mulch. I can't remember the exact cost, but it didn't seem bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: Saco Bay Gardening Club

Bookmark   June 2, 2005 at 7:58AM
rfgpitt(z6a Pit PA)

Take the $20 delivery fee and run!! In Pittsburgh you now pay around $35 @ most places.

(sorry to but in, but my employer is in Kennebunk)

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 10:38PM
mlwschultz(z5 ME)

The $20 delivery fee seems high to me because I'm only .5 miles from them & for the 3 yards that I needed that adds quite a bit to the price of each yard. However, I didn't find a better price, so ordered the mulch from Moody's & they delivered it the same day. So the service was great!

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
more RAIN!!
do you think we will be able to grow gardens this season?...
sherryinmaine
Stepable plants to control erosion on a small hill
I have a camp on a lake in the middle of Maine that...
Debnroux
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
Who has Grapes in Maine
How about a few notes from anyone growing grapes in...
bberry_gw
Coastal Plants ID
On a recent trip along the coast of Maine I saw some...
tropic_of_chesapeake
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™