Garden Centers near Rangeley, Maine

bourret(z5a Maine)June 29, 2005

Hi guys,

My hubby and I are going up to Rangeley for the 4th. Do any of you know if there are any garden centers or daylily growers near there? We'll be coming up from the south around Portland.

Thanks,

Lisa

bourret@gwi.net

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maineflowergirl(z4 Maine)

There is a garden shop/greenhouse place between Rangeley and Oquossoc right on the main road on the left. I forget its name and I don't know if they have daylilies or not because I haven't been there for a while. They can probably tell you if anyone else around there has some. I know there is a person who also sells some perennials from their gardens on the same road on the right hand side and they have a sign out, I believe.

Good luck and have fun. Rangeley is beautiful!

Oh, and if you want to take the longer way around to get to Rangeley, you would want to stop and see Carolyn Jenson's gardens on the South Strong Road in Strong. She also sells perennials. See her website at http://www.mainecottagegarden.com/ Oh, and I do see on the menu on her front page that she has daylilies.

Further south from that in Farmington, Robin's Flower Pot is a nice garden center that continues to expand. It's off Route 2 past on the right Walmart and there is a State of Maine sign pointing to the road to turn off on. Her website is at http://www.robinsflowerpot.com

Joanie D (Strong ME)

Bookmark   June 30, 2005 at 6:29AM
More Discussions
Planting Calender/ Landscaping Recommendations - Bangor
Hi, My mom has a house in Bangor, and it looks terrible....
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
Coastal Plants ID
On a recent trip along the coast of Maine I saw some...
tropic_of_chesapeake
Help with ID this plant
**THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ID!** We visited Rockport...
p.polyxenes
The Curse of the Plume Poppy
About 3 years ago my husband (the landscaper no less)...
Limur
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™