What's Blooming?

downeastwavesJune 28, 2005

Hi,

Just wondering what is blooming in your garden??

We have poppies, forget me nots, columbine, dames rockets and a few lilacs...

the slugs have been feasting on the squash, I've planted them twice...

Leasa in Eastport

PS the Lupine are really nice on Moose Island this year!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

Seems like everything!

Delphiniums are just starting, some varieties are fully opened, the darker blues are just starting.

Roses!

Foxglove. S. iris about done, buds coming up on the Japanese. Peonies.

Those are just some of my favorites.

Bookmark   June 29, 2005 at 6:44AM
mainerose(4)

Blue delphiniums and pink roses! All my antique roses are in full bloom---the scent is so wonderful I can hardly bear to leave home to come to work. Hostas should be blooming in a few more days as well as stargazer lilies. Also have bearded iris, Siberian iris, kalmia and cranesbill in bloom.

Bookmark   June 29, 2005 at 10:41AM
marthacr(z5 Me)

Here on Vinalhaven, we are later than ever. This is the first time in recent memory that I have peonies in bloom for the 4th of July weekend. Some Victoria Louise oriental poppies still, foxglove, nepeta, Lady's mantle, delph just beginning, Alium christophii, and siberian iris, but lilacs are gone by, Lupine are just on the edge, I pruned off the first blooms to get the second. My annuals are deathly slow, but have snaps in the hoophouse that wintered over and one brave one outside that is on it's third year of bloom. And of course all my hardy geraniums have been going like gangbusters for several weeks.
Martha

Bookmark   July 1, 2005 at 3:49AM
downeastwaves

Eastport is just beautiful with the lupine this year. This one was taken along Washington Street, as you come into town, just after that bad storm the other day...

Bookmark   July 1, 2005 at 7:15AM
chicken_lady(z3/4 Maine)

Yellow loosestrife, peonies,rose campion, lupines,some rose have gone by others are just starting, perennial batchelor buttons are finishing up. Pinks and sweet William are just starting. My waterlily in a tub. Painted daisies, wild daisies and brown eye Susans in the garden, assorted campanula, coral bells, Jacob's ladder and Stella de Oro daylilies. Lots of my other daylilies are budding as are my delphs, hostas, asiatic lilies and globe thistles.
Here are a couple of pics that I took a week or so ago. I'll have to get out and take some more pics!

Cathy up near Moosehead Lake

Bookmark   July 2, 2005 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
Asparagus Questions
Ok my wife knows how much I love that asparagus so...
macropora
Styrax japonicus (Japanese Snowball tree)
I live near Damariscotta in mid coast Maine. I'm wondering...
adimice
Coastal Plants ID
On a recent trip along the coast of Maine I saw some...
tropic_of_chesapeake
Hardiness zone in Bangor
I may be applying for a job in Bangor and was wondering...
bonniejean001
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™