Small roadside stand pics?

gardeningmom2fiveMarch 17, 2008

For the last few years, we have just used a table at the end of our drive for our veggies. This year, I would love to build a small roadside stand that looks more professional than what we have used in the past. Does anyone have pics they would be willing to post?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gourddy(ny4b5a)

Hi, I am having trouble trying to post a picture of my stand but if you go to the address below, there are building plans for a couple different stands. The one I built is similar to #5983. If I can figure out how to include a photo I will post again.
http://www.bae.uky.edu/ext/Plans/plans_Horticulture.htm#stands

Bookmark   March 19, 2008 at 4:36PM
diggerdee zone 6 CT

Here ya go...#5983

Gee, this is why I can never build anything. My head started spinning as soon as I saw this diagram, lol. Just not made to be a carpenter, I guess.

:)
Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: #5983

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 4:24PM
gardeningmom2five

Thank you for the webpage and link. I like the look of that one, however we need one even smaller. Like something that can be moved at the end of the season without to much trouble. I don't sell a ton either, so simple, but attractive is my goal :)This year, I will be selling tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash, and perennials mostly so I'm thinking 8ft-4ft would suffice. One of these days, I shall have my farm, and will have room for a REAL stand then lol.

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 7:29PM
starlady

I found this photo online a while ago (unfortunately, have lost the source...). It's a SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) merchant stand. It looks to be fairly easy to make/set up -- some 2x4s, some poles, and canvas. I imagine you could use plywood instead of canvas for something a little sturdier, although this is made to be transported and set up/tear down-able for a weekend event, so it might be good for your needs.

Here is a link that might be useful: SCA Merchant Stand

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 8:14PM
gardeningmom2five

Just hoping someone else may want to share also?

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 5:55PM
Belgianpup(Wa/Zone 7b)

See the fourth one here: http://www.pfi.iastate.edu/images/OutAbout_2_2000.htm

Or a smaller version of the third photo down here, with a fold-down roof: http://www.haywardsicecream-nh.com/gallery.html

Or a converted trailer, designed like those that you see at county fairs that sell food, with a wooden awning that folds down to close it up when not in business.

Actually, many chicken coops look like roadside stands. Maybe you could find something there that was adaptable.

Sue

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 11:15PM
Belgianpup(Wa/Zone 7b)
    Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 3:08PM
fventura(z5 MA)
    Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 8:16AM
raehelen(USDA 7-8)

Dragonfly farms,

Is that an honour system set-up you have?

Looks very appealing!

Bookmark   June 3, 2008 at 3:27AM
fventura(z5 MA)

Yes it is on the honor system.

Thanks! It's designed to be pretty flexible. The back and sides can fold up or down depending on how windy it might be. The inside converts for produce (angles up in back) and the entire structure can be lifted off the wheels/frame with my tractor forks should maintenance be required.

I wish I still had the plans to share, but I drew them up on paper and they are lost now..

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 8:47PM
tawnyap1(5)

Here is one picture of our stand:

Bookmark   June 15, 2008 at 6:36PM
tawnyap1(5)

Can't get it to show. Don't know how to do it.

Bookmark   June 15, 2008 at 6:48PM
robin_maine

I went to Google images and typed in farm stand to get ideas.

Bookmark   June 16, 2008 at 8:41AM
tifolie(5a)

Hi! I am looking for ways to make my old manure spreader into a rolling roadside stand. My son is starting a vegetable garden business for the summer so trying to save money. Any advice would make a tired mother very happy! Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Bookmark   May 19, 2011 at 1:07PM
tifolie(5a)

I had a great comment from a member about putting food near a manure spreader....not an appetizing combination, but I am still going to keep looking into this. I don't have any other options that already have wheels! Thanks to all!

Bookmark   May 19, 2011 at 4:11PM
tifolie(5a)

Well we did make a roadside stand out of our old manure spreader. I really like it now! Not finished putting the finishing touches and will get some bales of straw. We will have bushel baskets with corn and I have some old crates for display. We are going to hang some flower baskets on the shifter handles. This is my son's summer company business.

http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/tifolie/

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 5:15PM
ladyd53

We tried tents/tables last year, not a good idea the wind really took it's toll. This year we have purchased a small wooden barn bldg that is on skids and portable. Our zoning laws do not permit anything permanent. Hopefully this will pan out for us.

What I am really looking for is display plans. Not bushel baskets, boxes but shelves, bins, etc. for indoor and outdoors.

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 1:05PM
More Discussions
Mara des bois strawberry?
I have just discovered Mara des bois strawberry and...
cedar_wa
Micro Greens -- Profitable?
I would like to hear from anyone growing and selling...
heirloom_lady
Hoss seeder
Anyone using a Hoss Seeder? Please post a review. Thanks...
whfpa
surplus
Normally I have a restaurant that buys 150 lbs/week...
brookw_gw
The new season has started
First planting of carrots are planted. Sorry the picture...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™