shifting gears for awhile

dirtdigging101(7 - NC)March 4, 2008

moving to a new location so starting gardens and the like all over. going to take time so going at it slow. and going to change what i am doing. i am going back to gardening for me and going to sell my excess. will likely have a small cash crop of strawberries and tomatoes in the green house to pay for my garden. will go to market for a few weeks early in each season.

and take more time to feel things out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherryls

That is how my garden started out. We grow fruit for the market. That was the idea and how I planted. Then we started with the selling the extra out of a garden we decided to plant becuase we had not planted one in years. Then people liked our product. So we planted a little more. Our garden is in an old sheep pasture - ie Tons of firtilizer already in the ground just waiting. Our little larger garden was boom crop on about everything you planted. Now our garden is just this wild animal of its own and with all the fruit crop to take care of it is at times overwheming to take care of it all and get to three markets a week too. But, I wouldn't really have it any other way except if I wont a Whopper of a lottery and could hire someone else to do the work and I just get to go to market and enjoy it. LOL. Never will happen but nice idea to retire in my late 30's if it would.

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 7:48AM
More Discussions
Gotta do something to increase sales, stay in business
This year was the worst yet, I've been doing this since...
2ajsmama
Question about greenhouse ventilation
Hey all, We have a 30' x 48' gothic greenhouse with...
secondspring
Herbs at market
I am going to be selling more of a variety of potted...
pryz123
Micro Greens -- Profitable?
I would like to hear from anyone growing and selling...
heirloom_lady
Winter market 2015
Last week during the first winter thaw here I cut forsythia...
jebfarm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™