HAVE: *#%&* Bunnies!

spanavalApril 25, 2007

Anyone want stupid bunnies that eat up all your swap plants?

I had finally found just the right spot for all my potted up plants, out of the sun, and they were doing really well. And this morning, I find ALL my potted up Boltonia nibbled to a nub. *sniff* I think they'll be fine in the long run, but they'll look like c#*p just in time for the swap.

Also, anyone want two giant useless dogs that go around sleeping while nasty little bunnies eat all my trade plants?

Suja

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cfmuehling(7b DC/MD burbs)

I have cats that will watch rabbits' underground cousins, the moles/voles make tunnels in the yard for hours. They actually have claws, too.

I feel 'yer pain, girlie. My Japanese Maples (132) were mostly all bitten down to just above their grafts in November. Those rats with long ears chewed their way up probably 400' back along the previously landscaped (ok, just bushes, but!) fence line. Who knew they loved nandinas?

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 12:06PM
lynneinmd

Christine, are you going to be out and about today? I'm trying to get to your email thru gardenweb but it's not cooperating... I have a Japanese maple now!! Whoo-hoo! Just need to figure out where to plant it and can use some advice..

Lynne
zachsmom at

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 12:25PM
DawnStorm(7/MD)

Man those bunnies wouldn't stand a chance against my dogs! I've seen two bunnies in my yard, but so far they haven't gorged themselves silly on my plants.

Bookmark   May 1, 2007 at 5:17PM
More Discussions
HAVE: 2014 mag spring swap: food/potluck list
2014 MAG Spring Swap: FOOD List ******* POTLUCK ******* Saturday,...
Larry Kahn
WANTED: 2013 mag spring swap: want list
2013 MAG Spring Swap: Plants You WANT List Saturday,...
kilngod z6b
HAVE: Free for pick up: Night blooming cereus
We don't have room to bring it in this winter. If you...
icehime
HAVE: 5ft lilac bloomerang plant (reblooming)
4year old lilac bloomerang for trade. In exchange I...
kandhi
have: fall 2012 mag swap potluck
2012 Fall MAG Swap: Potluck List Saturday, October...
kimka
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™