WANTED: Black-Eyed Susans

Mummichog03(z7 MD and z5 ME)July 27, 2006

Hello,

Does anyone, by any chance, (preferably somewhere between Chestertown, MD and northern Silver Spring (or Burtonsville, Rockville, or Ashton)) have Black-eyed susans to spare that I could dig this saturday or sunday (july 29 or 30 i think)?

I know it's odd to request something so common and something I used to have tons of and give away, but, as a result of a series of unfortunate events, there is now a whole lot of nothingness where there used to be a huge clump of black-eyed susans and that just seems wrong.

(PS i really did move to maine a year ago but we still have the maryland house and i'm here for my summer job and i can't stand to have the maryland house's yard continue looking so sad)

thanks! -libby

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cfmuehling(7b DC/MD burbs)

I have a friend who has a ton of these. She was thinking of bringing them to the fall swap. Let me get in touch with her and maybe I can get you two together.

Christine

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 8:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oogy4plants(6B MD)

Hi Libby,
I haven't been around GW much lately I've been so busy, but I had to respond to you since you let me dig some of your BESs a few years ago. I remember I barely made a dent in them and you seemed a little disappointed I didn't thin them out more. Sorry to hear they have diminished. They were beautiful there.
I am in Laytonsville and you are welcome to come dig BESs or other plants that you might like. Everything is pretty crammed in my garden. It might not be the best time to transplant though since it is so hot and dry here. No rain.
Let me know if you want to.

Susan

Bookmark   August 16, 2006 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Deer
We've got way too many. Come and get some. Larry
Larry Kahn
have: fall 2012 mag swap potluck
2012 Fall MAG Swap: Potluck List Saturday, October...
kimka
WANTED: Direction to Swap in Burtonsville
Try Mapquest. Here are the basics. If all else fails,...
gardengranma
wanted: wants 2012 fall mag swap
2012 Fall MAG Swap: Plants You Want List Saturday October...
kimka
WANTED: Spring Swap 2014
I think it's time to think about. When do you want...
gardengranma
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™