Acquasco Fall MAG haves list
Aquasco Swap: Plants you Have List for
The First Annual Aquasco Fall Plant Swap
Sept. 30, 2006
DIRECTIONS for the HAVES list:
0. If you're new to the swaps, please take the time and have the courtesy to read these posts. They're here to help everyone have a good time.
1. Do NOT arrange the swap or trade on this thread.
2. Post a list of the plants you HAVE on this thread, ideally with Latin names to avoid confusion, and cultivar names if they have them and you know what they are. Yes, you can also list other garden stuff, such as seeds, tools or books, that you wish to swap. And if you really have nothing to swap, yes you are still invited! Just bring something for the pot luck lunch. (See the Aquasco Swap: Food and Stuff list.
2. Read other people's lists. If you see things you want and would like to swap or trade for, e-mail the person directly to arrange it.
4. Do NOT post a list of plants that you WANT for swapping or trading on this list. That's what the Aquasco Swap: Plants you Want list is for.
5. Please do NOT discuss who will be bringing what kind of chocolate (or other food) to the swap. There is a separate Aquasco Swap: Food and Stuff list for that.
6. Do update your member page with your Haves and Wants; feel free to link your post here to any Plant Exchange page you may have.
7. UPDATE your posting here. These entries are editable, so if your Haves changes (because something you were going to swap has been reserved already, or you have some additional plants to share), please edit you existing post, rather than making a new post further down the list. It's just simpler that way.
8. When you bring your plants, MARK RESERVED PLANTS (i.e., plants for which you have a pre-arranged swap). LABEL your plants if possible; we often forget which was what by the time we get them home! Popsicle stick, plastic spoons, or other "plantable markers" are great, as they can be popped right in to the ground along with the plant.
At the swap, please do NOT take anything that is labeled for someone else, or is NOT labeled "Free" or "Please Take." Ask. That's all you have to do.
9. Questions? just include them in your post here, or feel free to eMail Vlad.
- Have fun finding new homes for your surplus plants and discovering new plants you didn't know you needed!
Did I forget anything? Of course! So, let me know so I can fix it!
Wishing everyone a great swap! Happy gardening,
(For directions, MapQuest:
22300 Aquasco Road (Md route 381)
Aquasco, MD 20608.)