Want some hardy pond fish?

downeastwavesOctober 15, 2006

Anyone want some very hardy pond fish?

I have a friend who is looking for homes for several pond fish, the parents have wintered over for 4 years. Lots of smaller ones to give away to good homes.

There are bright orange with white spots, black and white, white and orange and other combos, the big ones are about maybe 7 inches, the little ones a couple of inches.

They are located in a mud bottomed pond, the owner says they need the mud to live the winter.

If you want some please let me know.

Leasa

Eastport

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikefrommaine(z5 ME)

These are goldfish and am pretty sure they are illegal. Don't want to see anyone get into trouble. If they get into wild water systems they can cause problems I guess.

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 9:54AM
robin_maine

I second what Mike says. I have to have a permit to stock my private pond, no inlet or outlet, with a native species. Illegal fish could be a big problem.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 5:17PM
drumaps(Maine)

they are definitely illegal. I get several calls a year about nuisance otter cleaning out peoples fish ponds, but come to find out they fish were koi or similar to begin with. I just tell them that "nuisance" just kept them out of a ALOT of trouble.
the biologists i work closely with are very interested in finding out about these ponds so they can make a visit.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Hardiness zone in Bangor
I may be applying for a job in Bangor and was wondering...
bonniejean001
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
Styrax japonicus (Japanese Snowball tree)
I live near Damariscotta in mid coast Maine. I'm wondering...
adimice
Anyone grow hot peppers?
Just wondering what people grow for hot peppers here...
Dirtydog420
Coastal Plants ID
On a recent trip along the coast of Maine I saw some...
tropic_of_chesapeake
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™