New African violet group

bspoffordOctober 23, 2007

It's finally happening!! I have found enough interested people to start a new African violet club. The first meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 6pm. It will be held at the Center of Technology, 23 Maplewood Avenue in Biddeford (by the high school). Expect some fun, door prizes, and learn a lot about growing and propagating violets.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Barbara

284-8073

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

That's great Barbara! Do you plan on having the local newspapers announce it? Even the Maine Sunday Telegram will list it if you send them the info 2 weeks in advance.

Bookmark   October 25, 2007 at 6:48AM
bspofford

Veilchen,

I'm going for as much publicity as possible...the local papers, Portland papers, flyers in nurseries, florists, and HD and Lowes, garden clubs.

Wanna come?

Barbara

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 6:00PM
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

Although I don't do houseplants I will try to come. I will announce to our garden club email list.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 8:12AM
m3rma1d(inside)

Anyone in Portland that could give a lift to a non-driving chick? I'm not an axe-murderer. (I can never even figure out what those people have against axes!)

Ok but really, I promise the worst thing about me is my humor--and I can keep my mouth zipped for a 20 minute car ride if need be.. Shoot me an email: violetride @ creativespill.com

Bookmark   October 31, 2007 at 5:22PM
m3rma1d(inside)

Duh, I meant to say "Anyone in Portland _+who's going to this meeting+_ that could give a lift..."
Yikes, I re-read it just now & smacked my forehead it looks like I'm just randomly asking any Portlander to drop what they're doing & give this strange girl a ride to some meeting.
:-p
No wonder I don't post around here much. Life without an "edit" button is a life that's bad for me. :-D

Bookmark   October 31, 2007 at 5:29PM
drkala(5)

We just returned to our home in Gardener after 15 years away. Some of our plantings are doing well, other have been uprooted and we're redoing gardens around the house that were razed during some foundation repair. I'm trying to find and join local plant societies so we can take part in plant exchanges with locally grown material We used to be in the rhododendron society and the iris society, I found Iris but can't find rhododendron on line. Anyone know how to contact them or know of other plant groups in mid Maine (Augusta area). Also, I used to save my pennies for the Bowdoinham library plant sale every year. Is it still the one to look to?

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 2:50PM
More Discussions
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
Stepable plants to control erosion on a small hill
I have a camp on a lake in the middle of Maine that...
Debnroux
Styrax japonicus (Japanese Snowball tree)
I live near Damariscotta in mid coast Maine. I'm wondering...
adimice
more RAIN!!
do you think we will be able to grow gardens this season?...
sherryinmaine
Who has Grapes in Maine
How about a few notes from anyone growing grapes in...
bberry_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™