Snow report

maine_gardener(Z 5 Me)December 10, 2005

We got just about a foot of snow today here on the coast! Ho Ho Ho its starting to look a lot like Christmas!

Its still all sitting there waiting to be shoveled. Guess thats on the to do list first thing in the morning.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barncats(So. Maine)

We got a foot too - started off wet so all the pine branches are drooping. Got most moved last night - some cleanup today but not much. What a difference a day makes :o)

Bookmark   December 10, 2005 at 6:50AM
veilchen(5b southern Maine)

We got at least 14". Most of it fell between 12:30 and 4:00pm (that's when I was at the movies).

TG for dhs and snowblowers.

Bookmark   December 10, 2005 at 8:59AM
robin_maine

Only 3" here. =(

Bookmark   December 10, 2005 at 9:18AM
mainerose(4)

Only a few inches here in Farmington :( I know I should be careful what I wish for, but I've found that snow is such a good insulator for my roses and perennials. I really hope we get a bit more in the near future.

Bookmark   December 12, 2005 at 2:45PM
maineman(z5a ME)

We had 5 inches, although some of it melted. But it's snowing again today. If "old snow" counts, it looks like the chances of a white Christmas here are very good.

MM

Bookmark   December 16, 2005 at 12:53PM

Well, we will be having an ice Christmas here if the sun doesn't warm up and melt the slippery crust left by yesterday's storm.

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 8:02AM
maineman(z5a ME)

Veilchen,

Our long term forecast here in Manchester calls for no snow for the next six days, a few snow showers December 23, mostly sunny with a high of 29 on December 24, and Christmas day cloudy with a high of 29. We could have a significant amount of melting between now and Christmas. I guess it is technically not Winter yet.

MM

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 9:38AM

And the Winter Solstice is coming up--the days will be getting longer. I usually get excited about this every year (spring is coming!) but then promptly realize it's only the beginning of winter.

Dec. is usually mild for us, although this year the kids have already had 2 snow days. I hope that's not a sign of things to come. The real cold and nastiness begins in Jan. and continues all through Feb. At least in March we can see the light at the end of the tunnel (even if it is still snowing).

Bookmark   December 18, 2005 at 6:30AM
maineman(z5a ME)

(grin) Where is global warming when you need it?

MM

Bookmark   December 18, 2005 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
Who has Grapes in Maine
How about a few notes from anyone growing grapes in...
bberry_gw
garden 2012
Okay, I am back after a not so fruitful first try back...
normathenewbie
Indoor tomato starts
Hi, this will be my 4th garden this year....I haven't...
skullz13
Coastal Plants ID
On a recent trip along the coast of Maine I saw some...
tropic_of_chesapeake
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™