Certified Scale

mousekabobApril 17, 2007

I got a cute little antique scale on ebay last night. Hoping to use it at home to put together 'bundles' for sale at the farmers market, plus it'll look really cute in my kitchen.

Our market requires you use certified scales, and I can't afford to go out and buy one. I'm wondering though, how does one get a scale certified? Could it be possible to get the antique one certified?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robin_maine

The USDA certifies them in my state. The inspector checks the scale for accuracy. If your scale is accurate it will probably pass.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 12:03PM
mousekabob

Thank you, that gave me somewhere to start.

Called the Feds. They refered me to the State of Georgia. Called them, got transfered around alot. Finally, a very nice man answered the phone and explained the process. I call, and set up an appointment with the inspector. He can come out and certify the scale. There is no charge for this service.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 1:26PM
stan_gardener(cen ca)

all scales are not created equal. where i'm at we must use scales designated legal for trade. then each year i have my legal for trade scale certified by the state weights and measure/ag dept. if they were to come to my place it would cost $60 over the $12 i pay by taking it in. you might do a search on the subject of scales and per item pricing if your interested.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
Finding the right market
Other thread getting too long and going in too may...
2ajsmama
Micro Greens -- Profitable?
I would like to hear from anyone growing and selling...
heirloom_lady
Winter market 2015
Last week during the first winter thaw here I cut forsythia...
jebfarm
Winter market, 2015
Darn phone, it said this message was rejected. Sorry...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
Micro Green mix help
Lately, I've been getting demand for micro greens in...
theripetomatofarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™