Maple seedling care

treeplanter23May 30, 2014

Can I please get specific info on how to care for maple seedlings. Such as watering schedule, light amount, temperature needed, and lifespan. Please also give me any other information that you think will be useful in growing my seedling . I do not know the species of my maple, I will soon post a picture of identification. Please help me. Thank you to everyone who answers:-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Ultimately, how happy your tree CAN be depends on your ability to identify and eliminate those conditions that carry with them the ability to limit the plant. Unfortunately, specific advise requires equally specific input, so we'll need to know what the plant actually IS.

There IS more to tending woody material in containers over the long haul than just watering regularly and an annual up-potting. While we wait for an ID and pics, you can look over the link I provided below. Take care - good luck.

Al

Here is a link that might be useful: Long term care of woody material in containers .....

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 10:41PM
cearbhaill

It would also be very helpful if you could include your zone/location in the field provided on your profile page.

Advice is useless if we don't know whether you live in Belize or Siberia.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 7:34AM
treeplanter23

sorry. I live In Brooklyn, New York. Im not sure what type of maple it is please help with the id.

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
Need help with struggling Jap Maple
CHeck out these pictures my Japanese maple isn't doing...
djiancharles
Dip N Grow on Maples?
Hey, I was just wondering. Does anyone know if Dip...
Timoth26
Diffetences between the Autumn Blaze, Flame, and Fantasy?
In looking and reading on the WWW about different types...
Dmacsimus
Acer Rubrum Redpointe - Pictures Anyone???
Was originally looking to get a Autumn Blaze but read...
sam268
Refreshing dirt in potted trees
Hi guys - I have 2 Japanese Maples in wine barrels....
minflick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™