Not showing up on forum list?

mary_littlerockar(8a-7b mid Arkansas)October 22, 2013

I had to cut and paste the url in order to find this forum as it isn't shown in the forum list. Maybe I need to clear my browser cache?

Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda_tx8(8)

I noticed that also. I found it on a search yesterday onsite, however! Here's Antelope Horns, A. asperula, one of the wild milkweed here in Texas, shown with some Juniper Hairstreak butterflies. Makes a great nectar source when it's blooming!

Bookmark   October 22, 2013 at 11:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI(5)

I was able to find this forum on the forum list. Maybe it took a while for it to show up, but it's there now.

So, what plans does anyone have for growing milkweed this year and next? I have about 10 A. tuberosa plants, some bloomed this year and others are just seedlings. Next year they should be bigger and even more beautiful. I also have A. incarnata. They don't get as much sun as the tuberosa, so I'm thinking of transplanting them to sunnier locations. I'll also be wintersowing more that I will put in sunnier locations. I have some curassavica that I grew for the first time this year. I planned to take cuttings and bring them in, but haven't yet. It may get cold enough tonight that I've missed my chance. Oh, well. I did harvest seed that I can start early indoors for next spring. Monarchs don't show up hear until late spring or well into the summer. What's everyone else up to?

Martha

Bookmark   October 22, 2013 at 10:55PM
More Discussions
Help identifying this milkweed,please.
I bought this from a local greenhouse last spring.The...
arkpollinator
Matelea baldwyniana
I am looking for seeds and/or plants of this species...
wildflowerman_2000
Who'da thought?
I work for a non profit with a rather intimidating...
Elly_NJ
Growing common milkweed help
Hi there! I just got common milkweed seeds, and i soaked...
BalanceA
processing seed
Does anyone have a seed processor? I have seen a post...
christine63
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™