more on my tunnel building

little_minnie(zone 4a)April 9, 2014

So I still have the 14 foot wide greenhouse film (in the package still) for a two bed wide low tunnel. Now that I buy EMT and bend with my foot I figured I could just take 2 and bend them into a U and make it a 14 foot half circle. It will leave 6 extra feet though. What is the best way to connect them? Being they will overlap say 4 feet and 2 feet in the ground can I just bind them together with duct tape so they overlap on the middle/top?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cole_robbie(6)

I put a link below to give you some ideas. I ordered my bender from lost creek, and I like the company. I'm sure there are other places to buy similar products.

Here is a link that might be useful: connectors from lostcreek.net

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 10:28PM
randy41_1

get emt that is the next size up from what you got and stick the ends that you want to meet into it and drive a couple of tek screws into it.

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 4:15AM
Mark(Oregon, Zone 8)

Similar to Randy, I was thinking using a smaller diameter piece and fitting it inside the two you're joining. Use tec screws in the side opposite where the plastic will lay. Maybe a little less wear on the plastic this way.

The extra plastic overhang is a little overkill, but will give you plenty of edge to cover with dirt to 'batten down the tunnel'.

-Mark

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 10:44AM
little_minnie(zone 4a)

OK so I will get the 3/4 inch tubing and screw together with the screw on the inside. I definitely don't want to rip anything! I will leave some inches on each side for weighing down.

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 7:52PM
little_minnie(zone 4a)

Yesterday I re-erected the tunnel from last fall. It will go on my early sweet corn.

I also started working on the tunnel for the 14' greenhouse film for tomatoes. Early tomatoes this year are going in 5/9! Eek that is late.
I bent the EMT but stopped there because the ground was too hard to push them in deeply. Now it has rained a lot so I will finish tomorrow. Don't get mad anyone, but I will probably just fasten them together with duct tape.

In the pic they are just barely in the ground. They will go in several feet.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 7:17PM
randy41_1

get the heavy duty waterproof duct tape. it holds up well.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Hoss seeder
Anyone using a Hoss Seeder? Please post a review. Thanks...
whfpa
electric mantis tiller?
I am thinking of getting one for use in hoop houses....
jnjfarm_gw
Micro Green mix help
Lately, I've been getting demand for micro greens in...
theripetomatofarm
One woman, seven acres
Hi there. I've been reading this forum for nearly eight...
briannaorg
surplus
Normally I have a restaurant that buys 150 lbs/week...
brookw_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™