new farm blog...

gizzardfarm(7A)April 13, 2008

Just starting.. let me know what ya'll think

www.gizzardfarm.blogspot.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robin_maine

Good job.

Your seedlings aren't getting enough light so they're leggy. If you have grow lights you should drop them to one or two inches above the tallest seedling.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 7:15AM
thinman(Z5 MI)

It looks like you have a great little spot there in Tennessee. Of course, anything that green is really going to look good to me right now. I still have a couple of patches of snow visible here in northern Michigan.

Seriously, it looks beautiful, and your blog is off to a nice start. I was wondering why you had your garden plowed instead of rototilled this year?

ThinMan

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 9:28PM
gizzardfarm(7A)

Thanks Robin..Those puney seedlings were started inside and were my first ones..since that time i have gotten power to my outbuilding and built a five shelf grow stand with a 4 ft light above each shelf and in just a few weeks they look great. The bottom ones were in april then the next ones up are the same plants 3 weeks later.Ill post some new ones next week.
ThinMan thanks about every 5 or 6 years i plow it deep, disk it and then till it. Im not sure of the science but it helps control weeds and keeps from getting a hard dirt pan from the tiller as the plow goes 6 inches deeper than the tiller. I also use this time to incorparate lime,potash and triple 13 fert. it also helps work in the 20 loads of leaves and horse manure. Gizzard

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 9:54PM
More Discussions
Emergency: using unvented propane in greenhouse - help!
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone with some experience...
secondspring
electric mantis tiller?
I am thinking of getting one for use in hoop houses....
jnjfarm_gw
Micro Green mix help
Lately, I've been getting demand for micro greens in...
theripetomatofarm
Wanted: 4 row seeder
I'm in the market for a 4 row pinpoint seeder, the...
sundacks
Winter markets, going better?
We had another winter market last Saturday. Due to...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™