Tornadoes - is everyone OK?

2ajsmamaMay 21, 2013

Jay is, don't know if anyone else in the path?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
myfamilysfarm

We were just outside of the path that created all that disaster. Very high winds and lots of lightening. Knocked a few plants off a table that I forget to sit on the ground.

There were tornadoes from Oklahoma city, OK thru east of Chicago yesterday thru early this morning.

Lots of rain, but haven't checked the rain gauge.

Hope everyone else is ok, I know my family members in OK are.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 8:59AM
myfamilysfarm

We didn't get as much rain as I expected, only .2, just seemed like alot inside the house with all the wind.

Indiana had some minor damage, only power outrages from what I've heard this morning. But there was a line from the OK area up thru IL, into MI that headed east. We are still under a threat of severe weather from OK/AR thru MI today. Tomorrow it heads east for OH and east.

Tom and Brooke, I seen last night that there were tornadoes in your neck of the woods. Hopefully not anywhere like OKC.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 1:16PM
henhousefarms

Other than wet all OK here. Apparently they had some wind damage just north of me (trees and powerlines) as Dad called at 05:30 this AM to ask if I was OK (other than grouchy from being roused at that un-Godly hour). Have not heard from Brooke but the radar looks like his side of I-70 is getting the bulk of the rain tonight. The gauge here had just a touch under 1.5" last night so no field work for a couple days. Starting to look like a pattern.

Tom

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 9:03PM
myfamilysfarm

We're not getting the rain that you'all have had. Very dry, thank goodness for all the moisture this winter.

Glad you're OK, hope Brooke is also.

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 2:21PM
brookw_gw

We lucked out overall, and I'm extremely thankful. We did lose a huge Bradford pear in our yard that I've been sawing up and hauling off the last 3 days, but we really didn't get the rain we could have. We had .9 here and a little less than that at the farm. I will try to get back in the field this afternoon.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 12:48PM
More Discussions
Tomato grafting
I've been thinking of trying it for a few years, and...
grow_life
Kalettes / Flower Sprouts
I'm sure a lot of you have heard the recent hype, or...
ekgrows
Micro Greens -- Profitable?
I would like to hear from anyone growing and selling...
heirloom_lady
Emergency: using unvented propane in greenhouse - help!
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone with some experience...
secondspring
Herbs at market
I am going to be selling more of a variety of potted...
pryz123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™