Seedlings in Philadelphia area

gcwebberMarch 25, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, so please forgive me if this has been covered a lot already. I am getting the gardening itch, as I'm sure you all are too, and even though it's a little early I wanted to plan things out :)

I'm looking for a place to buy seedlings that has a wide selection of heirloom tomatoes and other veggies. Organic would be preferable, but not necessary. I went to a place several years ago with a friend, of course I can't remember the name of it now, but it was really perfect. They had literally dozens of heirloom tomatoes and several varieties of peppers, eggplants, tomatillos, all kinds of unusual seedlings. I think it was in Downingtown. They had a few different buildings filled with seedlings, I spent at least 3 hours picking several dozen plants to take home. I was in heaven!

Now I wish I could remember what it was called. :( Do any of you have any places you recommend for seedlings? I wish I could start from seed myself but I just don't have the room or the time to invest!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caryltoo Z7/SE PA

Hi. Sorry I can't help you, but you might want to post on the Pennsylvania site. Someone there no doubt knows the answer.

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 1:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mindysuewho

Have you tried Triple Oaks Nursery in Franklinville, NJ? It's probably about a 45 minute drive south of the Ben Franklin or Walt Whitman Bridges. Lots of heirloom and native plants and the people who work there are very helpful.

Bookmark   April 3, 2009 at 8:41PM
More Discussions
Some account related stuff that people have been asking about
A couple of things. If you haven't figured it out yet,...
Larry Kahn
Nandina 'Plum Passion,' beautiful, but hardy??
Hi. I would love to plant a bunch of Nandina "Plum...
reddbuffalo
Eastern Filbert Blight
I am interested in purchasing Corylus avellana 'Contorta'...
colleensworld
Houzz takeover not promising
So far this bites, but I did send them a comment email...
Larry Kahn
Honeysuckle bushes and vines, anyone grow them?
Hello.... =) Does anyone have Honeysuckle in their...
gypsysunrise
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™