Vegetable Garden and Apple Tree
I am new here so I hope that I am not repeating questions that were previously asked. Anyway, I have two questions that I'm hoping for help with:
1) I plan on growing the following this year:
- Peas (4 vines)
- Green Beans (6 vines)
- Purple 'Green' Beans (6 vines)
- Cucumbers (3-4 vines)
- Lemon Cucumbers (3-4 vines)
- Various Hot Peppers (12 plants total)
- Bell Peppers (4 plants)
- Cherry Tomatoes (3-4 plants)
- Onions (Not sure how many yet)
- Strawberries (Not sure how many yet)
- Watermelon (3-4 vines)
- Lambkin Melon (3-4 vines)
I plan to trellis up the peas, beans, and cucumbers so hopefully they won't take up a ton of room. However, I am not sure how much room I will need for this. I am going to be tilling up an area in my yard when weather permits but I am not sure how much area I will need. I plan to make one 12' x 16' garden for sure. I have room for one or two smaller gardens elsewhere in the yard if need be. Please help me determine how much room I will need. I have gardened in containers before so I have some idea regarding some of the plants but I have never done a project quite like this before.
2) I have been considering planting an apple tree. I have done some reading and apparently you can buy apple trees that are grafted so that they contain 4-5 different types of apples on one tree. Where would I find something like this and what are my options? Ideally, I would like some that are good for eating raw, some good for cooking, and some that I could make into a nice wine.
Sorry for the long-winded post. Thank you all in advance for your help!