Christmas gift just arrived

jel48(Z4 Michigan)January 8, 2007

Something I would never have ordered for myself (cause it's way to pricy), but Tom thought I'd have fun with it and was curious to see how it worked. It was back ordered, so just arrived today, and as I type, I have 3 little pods of tomato seeds thinking about sprouting. The salad greens were back ordered... that's what Tom was really anxious to try. We have a set of pepper pods and a set of herb pods waiting their turn and the salad fixin's should be here any time.

Has anyone ever used one of these, or know anyone else who has one? Do you (they) like it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Aero-Garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zenpotter(z4 MN)

Looks like fun, keep us posted please.

Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 9:30AM
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

What a fun gift!
What a nice guy!!
Please- do tell us how you like it!

Julie

Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 7:35PM
jel48(Z4 Michigan)

Nine days since the seeds were planted and they are putting out their second set of leaves. They are beautiful dark green healthy plants! So far so good!

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 8:32PM
firethorn(Zone 4 MN)

Yes, please keep us posted! I've been considering ordering one of these, but I wasn't sure how well (if it did) work.

Bookmark   January 20, 2007 at 2:17PM
jel48(Z4 Michigan)

It's a cold wintry day, so I thought a touch of spring and an update on the hydroponic tomatoes might be in order.

I planted these on January 8th.

Here they are on January 27th. There were 3 or 4 seedlings per spot at this point.

And here they are today, February 2nd. This shot is after they have been thinned, to a single seedling per spot.

Here is the largest plant (on February 2nd) photographed beside a 1 cup measuring cup to show the actual size.

I'm really pleased with the way they look so far. Kinda make your mouth water for spring, summer, and red, juicy, ripe tomatoes, doesn't it?

Bookmark   February 2, 2007 at 3:41PM
norwega(z8/Sunset5)

so, how were the tomatoes that they produced?

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 7:33PM
jel48(Z4 Michigan)

Somewhat disappointing, but mostly because my husband gave them a 'haircut'. He does that to the tomatos in the garden on the theory that then the sunlight can get through and the tomatoes will ripen faster. In this case, he cut off most of the stems that would have borne fruit. We did eventually get ripe tomatoes though, which were a treat in the winter!

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
Have you grown foxglove or sweetpea from seed?
I was wondering, have any of you grown these from seed?...
primgal36
Late Summer Garden Swap???
Anyone interested in a late summer/early autumn garden...
KittyWitty
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
Hot Pepper Spray questions: making, affect on taste, effectivenes
Hi, I'm considering making some hot pepper spray to...
srj19
Hop Vines at Local Nurseries?
Just wondering if anyone in Minnesota has come across...
soilent_green
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™