A big sigh of relief

leafwatcher(zone 5)July 28, 2012

Well after a small rain, and temps coming down to less than oven temperatures.. I FEEL like I have won, or survived something. there is no doubt that we aren't even started on August yet so its mainly a false sense of security.

One possible thing to hope for is the fact that last year August was cooler and nicer than the early summer.. Hopefully that happens again this year.

We still need rain of course, one of the farm shows on the radio said that much of the state was as far as 18 inches behind normal rainfall...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jon

After several days of promised rain and watching the radar as everything slips either North or South or just plain Peters out I went out today and sprayed 2 gallons of Roundup to clean up the weeds and sprayed a pepper, egg and soap concoction to disuade the Rabbits and deer.

One hour after I was done it started to rain.

If everyone in the Midwest would simply wash their cars the drought would be over.

Jon

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 5:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tepelus z6a SW MI

My boyfriend left the windows down on his car yesterday and that didn't even help. Rain all around our house but not at our house. Ugh!

Karen

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 7:19PM
More Discussions
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
info on spam
anyone know where to find the rules for spam are in...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
When To Re-pot?
When is the correct time to up-pot a hosta? Is it when...
santamiller
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™