More gardening dates.....

julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)February 24, 2006

I met the young fellow who runs/owns this family business last summer- He was offering my old neighbors Hosta!!- who went out of business much to my dismay. I know these hosta- and they are grand- I can only bet the rest of what they have to offer is grand as well!

This is an abbreviated version of their seminars and events-

Mar 4- Spring ahead with your garden plans- @ Winsome Orchids 1pm

Apr 1- Orchids for the home & Rescued MN native Orchids for the garden- @ Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, Mound, 9am-2pm

May 20&21- Open House- 235 varieties of hosta plus rescued MN Native orchids- Winsome Orchids, Maple Plain MN

I will check out their website and try to get to an event or two- and thought some of you may be interested too!

Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lynnsherbs(4 Minnesota)

I'd like to go to the April 1 event. Anyone in the northwestern suburbs interested in carpooling? Lone? Julie?

Lynn

Bookmark   March 5, 2006 at 12:23PM
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

Sure- I would like to go for a while- It is just down the road (Ct Rd 9) from my place-

Bookmark   March 6, 2006 at 12:29PM
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

I am going to learn more about orchids on April Fools day-
Kinda seems appropriate as I have not had much luck with the indoor ones- Maybe I will give a new home to some rescued "orphans" instead of trying again with the indoor ones....

Bookmark   March 27, 2006 at 8:57PM
zenpotter(z4 MN)

Let's see I am going to spend April Fools day at my district DFL convention as a deligate. Just who is the fool here?

Bookmark   March 27, 2006 at 11:14PM
leftwood(z4a MN)

If you are out to Mound, that's only 4-5 miles from me. I'm not sure I'll go to the seminar, but you're all welcome to come over for a peak. My hellebore might be blooming, and of course, the pussywillows(4 species), but that would be about it.

Julie, just how do you figure Mound is "just down the road" from you? Have you been sniffing Labrador tea steam again?

Bookmark   March 28, 2006 at 5:27PM
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

I was confused and thought it was the church off of no name lake on my way to Medina down Cty Rd 9......
Thankfully, I had Googled it already and realized my mistake- But thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I also saw how close we were to you.... So, what's for lunch?

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 9:20AM
leftwood(z4a MN)

Okay, Confusijulie, how's pumpkin soup grab you all? Quick, simple and easy. Now that it's on my mind, I'm going to make it tomorrow anyway, whether anyone comes or not. And there is always the peanut butter sandwhich for the unadventurous.

Rick

Bookmark   March 30, 2006 at 4:34PM
leftwood(z4a MN)

Did I say tomorrow? Of course, I meant Saturday the first.

Confusirick

Bookmark   March 30, 2006 at 6:02PM
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

MMMmm Yummers!
I will bring something to go along with it- and chocolate of course! I wouldn't forget chocolate for the tall fellow of St Boni!
Our day and numbers are still up in the air ( we may be bringing a suprise guest)- I will call you with the details if/when they become clear...
Julie

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 7:15AM
selkie_b(z4 MN)

*just sitting and laughing at Rick and Julie*

-Marie

always somewhat confused.

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Any Minnesotans out there?
These posts r so old! Is there anyone out there ready...
dreamingofmygardens
Have you grown foxglove or sweetpea from seed?
I was wondering, have any of you grown these from seed?...
primgal36
Looking for narrow shrub that can handle part shade and dry soil
Hello, My husband and I have a privacy screen made...
brian_forney
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
Garden Club in Northern Suburbs
Looking for a garden club. Would like to find a group...
doucanoe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™