Looking for a big bag of Dolomitic lime

garystpaul(4)March 18, 2012

I'll be doing a lot of container growing this season and would like to have a bag of dolomite lime for use in the mixes. Does anyone know where in the TC I could find this at reasonable cost? TIA, Gary.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandysgardens

Gary,
Last year I tried the garden lime found at Menards and Lowes garden areas. I don't think it said Dolomitic on it, but I can tell you my pepper plants in my containers produced peppers like there was no tomorrow. By the end of Oct I was tired of having to cover due to frost potential that I finally had to pull them (felt bad). My sisters been adding the same lime to her veggie garden for several years and she gets some good produce. I think the bags I bought were 50lbs, I think they had 2 sizes too.

Sandy

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 7:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garystpaul(4)

Thanks, Sandy, appreciate the response.

I found a 40 lb bag of NutraLime at HD this weekend for about 6 bucks. It's the non-hydrated, supposedly non-burning kind. Hope it works out. I'll be trying peppers for the first time this year. I've recently read about people digging up pepper plants, overwintering them inside and planting out next season for an early start.

Gary

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 7:51AM
More Discussions
Help ID'ing blue flowers
Some of you may remember my neighbor, Sara, who was...
jel48
Kelley Farm seed exchange free 3/8/15
Kelley Farm between Elk River and Ramsey will have...
little_minnie
Hop Vines at Local Nurseries?
Just wondering if anyone in Minnesota has come across...
soilent_green
Gardening club in Lakeville?
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in Lakeville?...
debrajeanette
apple trees
What should you do to keep apples from insects when...
andrew414141
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™