marshall fields flower show

leaveswave(.)March 24, 2006

did you go? was it crowded? what did you like best/least?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twohuskies(z4A Mpls, MN)

I work downtown so of course I went. I went late afternoon and there was hardly anyone there. Over the lunch hour that place is a zoo..

I didn't really like it. Last year they had tons of oriental lillies that you could smell from a mile away. Nothing smelly at this one that I can remember. Instead of having lots of plant varieties there were just a handful. Most of the displays consisted of masses of one or two types of flowers. I also thought the overall size was smaller than years past. Maybe I didn't appreciate the "artsy-ness" of the displays. Or maybe I just wasn't in a good mood that day. I don't want to discourage anyone from going though. I'm just glad I didn't make a separate trip downtown for it.

I suppose I did like something about it -- the tall trees with pink flowers on them. No idea what they were but they sure were lovely..

Laura.

Bookmark   March 24, 2006 at 4:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sallym(z4 MN)

I went Thursday night so it wasn't crowded. The mass plantings of daffodils and tulips were gorgeous. Many things didn't seem to be identified which was frustrating, but it was lovely. Any day I get to stroll around in a garden is a good day.
Sally

Bookmark   March 25, 2006 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
What's the productive lifespan of Zuchinni and Squash in MN?
I'm working in a community garden and of course there...
srj19
What would you plant here?
Hi, I have a new house and I'm trying to get the foundation...
zone4newby
Seed catalog time
Over the past two weeks a whole lot of seed and nursery...
OldDutch
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
Log Home for sale
We are going to be putting our home on the market soon...
doucanoe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™