What wrong with my Norway Maple Tree??

JakeRuJuly 26, 2013

Hi,
We planted a Norway Maple Tree back in May. Before we bought the tree we had a wind storm and all the tree leaves were wilted. We planted the tree and followed all the instruction. The nursery told us they should got back to normal in a few weeks. It now July and and the leaves are still on the tree but are still wilted and now it looks like are getting burned. I'm really afraid that the tree is dying. I water the ever 3 to 5 days. I have the miricale grow steak in the grown and mulch on the bottom. Am I doing something wrong? Some one please help!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis(6)

Jake, that is a fairly large sized transplant. I guess the windstorm before you got the tree dried out the rootball and or the leaves causing the wilt.

You are probably earning its thanks for the effort you are putting forth!

What to do....

First off, does this type of tree grow well in your area? Do your neighbors have good looking ones? I was amazed at what grows and does not grow in the Denver area and don't want you fighting an uphill battle.

Second, use a small shovel and your finger to make sure your watering efforts are getting the rootball moist. Sometimes differences in soil composition between the rootball and our yards can either create a moist or dry spot.

Small foliage is normal for a stressed tree. You are right to be concerned. Does it have a warranty and how long?

Good luck, that had to be some work to plant.

Bookmark   July 27, 2013 at 2:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JakeRu

Thanks for your replay! Yes a couple of my neighbors have the same tree and there big a beautiful. I will try and make sure that the root ball is getting moister! Thanks for your help.

Bookmark   July 27, 2013 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
Need help with struggling Jap Maple
CHeck out these pictures my Japanese maple isn't doing...
djiancharles
Has anyone ordered a Jap. Maple online
Looking for a lace leaf japanese maple around 3 Gal....
420benz
Japanese Maple scion wood
Hello, Have a lot of Maple seedlings Anybody wants...
korina77
Planting a Sugar Maple seed.
Hello! I've got a beautiful Sugar Maple in my yard,...
Pippers
Is this japanese maple dying?
I've have this young beni schichihenge for its first...
ledouchebag
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™