Prunella grandiflora 'Pink Loveliness'

hostaholic2 z 4, MNMarch 2, 2008

Just wondering if anyone has grown this plant? I've been finding a wide variety of information about it in different web sites. Unfortunately none of them seem to agree. I've seen hardiness ratings stated as zones 4-8, 5 - 8, and 6-9. I've read that it spreads slowly to about 16 inches and another site states that it requires frequent division to keep it under control. The height range has been given as 6 inches to 30 inches. I'm guess the variations may have something to do with growing location. Anyone in good ole MN familiar with it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heleninramsey

I have my Herbaceous II class tomorrow night, I think my instructor has grown every plant known to man...I will see what she knows...

Helen.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 12:46AM
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

Thanks Helen, I appreciate it. It's so much fun to go to those classes at this time of year.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:36PM
heleninramsey

Well, my instructor had not grown that particular cultivar of prunella, and had only grown one other, she said that the habit was ground cover like, it sprawled about with the flowers floating above, it was pretty good the first and second years but did not return the third. So I guess that does not help too much unless that is common for that species around here...Good luck with your info quest...

Helen.

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 8:25AM
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

Helen, thanks for checking, I appreciate it. Guess I'll keep searching for info.

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
Log Home for sale
We are going to be putting our home on the market soon...
doucanoe
What to do with all of my Kale?
I grew kale for the first time and really have a beautiful...
vpeterson
Is this rose bush?
Hi, we had a rose bush (or two) among other bushes...
Mary_AnneTM
Hop Vines at Local Nurseries?
Just wondering if anyone in Minnesota has come across...
soilent_green
Help ID'ing blue flowers
Some of you may remember my neighbor, Sara, who was...
jel48
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™