NOID' #2 is blooming too .. Any ideas what this is?

maow(6a)July 14, 2014

Help... which one is this?
NOID #2
Leaves are thick substance yellow edge, pointed tip oval shaped leaves. Tall scapes, White flowers. About 6" tall.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maow(6a)

Another shot

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 12:33PM
paul_in_mn(4b)

I think a year or two to stretch out will help...leaves look young so harder to ID. Young plants in pots all squished together at retail will change a lot in the garden. Take a look at a young Krossa Regal and you would never guess what a grand plant it will become. Do you have a list of possibles? Where was it purchased? If Lowes or box store, then likely a more commonly available hosta like Fortunei Aureomarginata or Wide Brim, else....

Also, roots look exposed...I like to dig a hole and create a cone of soil in the center, then spread roots out in hole with crown a bit high. Refill hole, then when I press down on soil with my hands, the crown drops a bit to where I want it and roots are covered.

Paul

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 1:21PM
maow(6a)

Thanks Paul, I am just an over eager beaver with OCD.. That's how I planted before, but after seeing your Great expectation, and reading the thread about how NOT to plant too deep... I lifted all my new hostas up and replanted with the crown the same level as the soil. I guess .. I will go fix them again tomorrow.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 2:48PM
bkay2000

It's probably too early for fragrants to be blooming in zone 6, but that looks like the bloom on a fragrant hosta. Does the flower have a fragrance?

bk

This post was edited by bkay2000 on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 16:07

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 3:02PM
More Discussions
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Zinc plant markers
Is this what everyone is using? I saw 100 for sale...
CindyCRNA
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
halcyon vs bl wedgwood smackdown
did it work? halcyon blue wedgwood H as the typical...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
potted hostas starting too early
Hi. I usually have my potted hostas in the garage (no...
esikko
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™