Autumn Blaze Browning

roubaudAugust 22, 2006

First time here, thanks for your advice!

Planted 6 foot tree in May. Recently had 3 inches of rain over several days and it's taken a few more days for the water to drain off the surface. I've watered the tree well every 7-10 days during the, up to this point, very dry and very hot summer (Nebraska) and it was doing fine. I even planted it a few inches above grade since I have clay--I've done this for my ash, pear, and serviceberry as well.

The tree's leaves are turning a light brown all of a sudden, and all over. Is it dieng? Should I try to aerate? Is it iron deficiency? If it loses leaves early will it not have enough energy for winter root growth? Ideas? Thank you!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carterobrien(5, Chicago)

can you give some pix? a lot of trees seem to be having this problem right now, there are a few folks on the main forum with a similar issue (and I'm seeing it around Chicago).

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 2:37PM
roubaud

Thanks. I think I've figured out how to put pics up, on the gallery view page anyway. Not sure how to do this....

I did some digging just to explore, and found the begginings of a girding root, so I took that out--but don't see much else happening as far as water sitting anywhere.

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 4:16PM
nick11111

why are my autumn blaze maples leaves turning yellow? 110 trees 4 years old 12-15 ft tall

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Acer Griseum grafting
I have found a medium sized Acer Griseum on the side...
peat23
Burlapping maples - any dangers?
We had a very harsh winter last year and I lost a couple...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
Mail order source for improved silver maples?
Greetings! Brand new to the forum. This spring, I'll...
arbordavein
Is this japanese maple dying?
I've have this young beni schichihenge for its first...
ledouchebag
Dip N Grow on Maples?
Hey, I was just wondering. Does anyone know if Dip...
Timoth26
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™