Come fly with me? Maybe not!

tobr24u(z6 RI)March 28, 2012

Yesterday a captain of Jet Blue cracked up during a flight to Vegas and last week an attendant flipped out. Could it be something in the air at higher altitudes that is impacting these employees or just world events? I'll be taking a bus or train for the time being...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youngquinn_gw

Its a bit hard for me to take a bus or train if I want to come and visit you!!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:09AM
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Swim!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:12AM
jmc01

No incident with the plane itself, was there? didn't think so.

I'll keep flying - no problem. And I'll ride trains even though some derail. And I'll get in cars, whether taxis, those driven by others or those I drive, even though accidents happen daily.

much ado about nothing.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:12AM
youngquinn_gw

sharks!!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:17AM
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Swim fast!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:21AM
youngquinn_gw

they swim faster!!!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:39AM
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Sook!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:45AM
jodik_gw

I've never even been on a larger plane than a 2 seater, but I'd fly... if I could afford to!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 8:35AM
rob333

I have to fly. I dread it. The idiot security. Idiot because all they do is hassle regular people (other more dangerous people are getting things through. False sense of "security"). The cabin filled with diseases floating around. And now this! Ick. My favorite flight encounter was when they quit providing meals on flights, but I was approached and asked if I wanted "breakfast". I swear, that's the word they used (but then, SouthWest is known for their humor). And then I was handed a two cookie packet. I'll never forget that. Cookies are breakfast?! Yay! My kind of breakfast.

I'd rather hear Michel Buble sing Fever than Come Fly with Me. But there sure are a lot of people who would disagree with me.

Here is a link that might be useful: youtube-Buble's version of Fever

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 2:07PM
marquest(z5 PA)

Before my retirement I was on a plane more time than I was on the ground. I went through some pretty bad times on those planes. I have enough frequent flyer miles to fly for free to anywhere I could dream for free for a year. But since I have retired I have not had the desire to get on a plane.

I should write a book on the air travel experiences. Travel before 9/11 was fun and a very enjoyable mode of travel. At this time fun it is not. You have to get to the airport in my city 3 hours before your flight. Because of all the security check you get dressed and get undressed to go through security. It just was not a pleasant trip anymore.

Suggestion for any that are planning a that is 3 or more hours try to make sure you get to fly on a 787. They have lazyboy seats, you have your personal screen. You will feel like you are at home in your family room. I think all the seats are the same, because I was a frequent flyer I was always upgraded to first class.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 2:36PM
elvis

I've been lucky--polite TSA and flight personnel, adequate room in the seat, and I don't care about the food because I've slways brought my own anyway. Smoking would be nice, but you can't have everything.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 10:28PM
mylab123(z5NW)

I really, really hate to fly and people who hate to fly tend to end up flying all over the world. How do I know? Just ASK me ;)

Hate it.

Especially since it's become a cattle car type of operation. My husband still flies all the time, me not so much anymore. I don't think I've been on a plane for three years now.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 12:48AM
chase_gw

I'm OK with flying, it's the three hours before and after the flight that make me cranky.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 7:39AM
marquest(z5 PA)

What about those tiny commuter planes and I use that plane word lightly. It is a sardine can that they squeeze you into. Those flights should come with a can opener so you can get out of them at the end of the flight.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 10:03AM
More Discussions
Duck Dynasty and Free Speech Award
CPAC is a clown show.I was watching TV today and while...
Pidge
Not a Kodak Moment for Idaho Legislator
Makes you wonder why they keep trying. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/23/1366371/-Idaho-Republican-to-doctor-Can-a-woman-swallow-a-camera-for-a-pregnancy-exam-w-audio...
duluthinbloomz4
Dinosaurs are bad!
This is hard to believe! Ummmm...anyone have an idea...
asleep_in_the_garden
One last issue for me with new format
How do I turn off the "say thank you" at...
duluthinbloomz4
Nuts
More odd topic than hot Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Ji...
labrea_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™