new gardener with lots of questions-please help
I am fairly new to gardening and have several questions. Please help if you can. I am in the metro area. Thanks!
1) I have an endless summer hydrangea. The first year I had it it had lots of blooms. The second year lots of leaves and only 1 bloom the whole summer. I did not fertilize it. I did not cut it back last fall. How do I get it to bloom like the first year. Is it too late to cut it back now? It gets sun morning through afternoon.
Also, I have ammended the soil using aluminum sulfate but blooms are still pink.
2) I have some boxwood that has yellow on it. Is it a good time to prune them back?
3) I have a second story window box. I water it with a watering can through an upstairs window. Any good watering tricks to help me reduce the number of times I have to water?
4) I have William Baffin climbing roses that I didn't prune last year in the fall. Can I prune them now? What do I do about the rose hips?
5) I bought several hydrangea bushes last year at the end of the season. I'm not seeing any buds yet, is it too early? I think they are Little Lamb, Pink Diamond and Limelight.