Our market featured on local TV

henhousefarmsJuly 7, 2013

We were fortunate enough to have the local TV station out at our Richland CC market this Saturday and they did a very nice story about the market and the challenges that the wet spring has brought. The reporter was very good and interviewed a number of vendors and customers. I have not seen the actual video yet - ironically I don't get that station at the house but both Dad and Kathy watched it and said our stand received a lot of screen time. It's going to be hard to judge any boost that the market gets from the publicity as next weekend they have a car show scheduled and the following Saturday is the Relay for Life event. Both tend to increase the people that attend but I do not see how this could do anything but increase sales. I guess the down side is that I have always been told I have a face for radio so let's hope that I didn't scare off too many customers.

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: WAND TV Farmers Market Story

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mark(Oregon, Zone 8)

Hey that's great that the media is trying to help people understand how weather affects the local farms. So many non-farmers are clueless about this stuff, or can even remember what the weather was like a few weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing Tom.

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 1:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
myfamilysfarm

We had our TV station do 'weather reports' at the market for a few times. Afternoon market, I volunteered some veggies for the weather man to show and he mention my name. The next few markets, sales really picked up.

Actually everything the TV station would mention us, our sales were up the next day or so. They have so many clips of our tables over the years. Our son was the youngest active marketer, so he and now wife were featured alot in commercials for the town.

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Winter market 2015
Last week during the first winter thaw here I cut forsythia...
jebfarm
The new season has started
First planting of carrots are planted. Sorry the picture...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
Emergency: using unvented propane in greenhouse - help!
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone with some experience...
secondspring
Wow, this is different!
Thought I would drop in and see what is happening here,...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
surplus
Normally I have a restaurant that buys 150 lbs/week...
brookw_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™