Todays Swap

oscarthecat(z7MD)May 5, 2007

Oh, the best swap ever. The food was great, the plants healthy and the women cuter than ever, Steve in Baltimore County.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sujiwan_gw

I'll second that it was a great swap and once again, so nice to see the familiar faces. And!!! a round of applause for Henrietta (GG) for lending her wonderfully inspiring grounds to host the swap. Oh, and thanks to everyone who relieved me of the heavy burden of all my tomatoes!!

Bookmark   May 5, 2007 at 4:53PM
cecilia_md7a(7a/Baltimore,MD)

I agree, it does seem that the swaps get better and better. I couldn't make the fall swap and now I really regret it because of Vlad's passing. But I will remember him every time we have a swap! For me, each will be like a mini-memorial to him.

JanetM gave me some plants to trade, since she was meeting Pidge (anybody know her from GW?) in Wilmington for that city's annual garden tour. I've been on the tour before, and can honestly say that except for being smaller than some, Henrietta's garden is the equal of any of them!

Unfortunately, I broke the rule I set for myself to never take home more plants than I bring. Well, I can always rationalize that some of the trades were for JanetM.

And the food! Even though I'm on Weight Watchers now (24 lbs down; 20-something to go), I had so much delicious and healthy stuff to eat that I wasn't even tempted to have dessert! We really need to put together a MAG cookbook (maybe like those spiral-bound ones that church and school groups make).

I had a wonderful time, as expected. I really enjoy seeing my online friends in the flesh, and hope to see many of you not only at the fall swap, but at the 2nd Annual MAGTAG (Mid-Atlantic Gardener's Tomato Appreciation Gathering) in Baltimore the Saturday before Labor Day. (I will post more info on this as it gets closer.)

Once again, thank you so much, Henrietta, for the use of your lovely home. I've gone on way too long - I should sign off.

Happy Derby Day and Cinco de Mayo!

Bookmark   May 5, 2007 at 7:11PM
beth_b_kodiak(zone 5a)

Steve, just a thanks again for the squeezer. I expect to be doing up lots of tomatoes this summer and it will get a work out.
Beth B

Bookmark   May 6, 2007 at 9:40AM
More Discussions
Nellie Stevens trees turning brown and dry. Help!
Just joined and am writing in hopes of getting some...
nadya1972
Not a serious Spring Swap post (yet)
Just wanted everyone to know that Henrietta called...
Larry K
Nellie Stevens Hollies in Zone 6B?
I am looking for a relatively fast growing evergreen...
jplucas80
Native Plant lectures in Baltimore area
Here is a link: http://www.bluewaterbaltimore.org/blog/2015nativeplantlectureseries/ I...
amanda_m
Honeyberries in DC area?
Hi, I'm considering adding a few honeyberry plants...
zendog
Sponsored Products
Standard Sham - WHITE/CORAL
$169.00 | Horchow
Area Rug: Floral Scroll Plum 2' 3" x 3' 3"
$41.97 | Home Depot
Izmir Floral Bijar Black Rectangular: 5 ft. 3 in. x 7 ft. 6 in. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Manning Satin Bronze Two-Light Flush Mount
$65.00 | Bellacor
S1853 Suspension Lamp by FontanaArte
$730.00 | Lumens
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Elysium Double-Layer Bath Mat - CRYSTAL (LT BLUE) (BATH MAT)
$99.00 | Horchow
AHB Sonoma Bar Stool - Riverbank Multicolor - 111183
$229.95 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™