2014 , the seedling year

almosthookedJuly 13, 2014

This morning touring to find who has the seedlings and that would be the ones under
1, Tokad. Flav.
2. Karen ( or Parky/s prize)
3. Elegan Emperor ( 2 plants)
4 Willy Nilly
5. Elegans

Plus the 14 seedlings from last year that are larger now and need to be moved. Still finding time to weed out. The little ones I took the seed pods and set under the mother plant and are about the size of a small finger nail.

Sad to say the seeds that Dan'sgarden sent me for my birthday all never showed up. I should have just sprinkled them under another hosta to sprout there. Too bad as they would have been real beauties too

Who else found seedlings and who is the mother plant?

Faye

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnywood 5aChazyNY

Just found 6 small seedling under MONTANA AUREOMARGINATA .

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 3:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Good show there, Faye.

I'm thinking about some pots I have which show small things growing off to the side, but in the pot itself. They could be seedlings, because they are not next to the eyes of the main plant in the pot. They could even be seedlings from aneighboring pot.

Last fall I did not cut off the seedpods until very late, and some had opened and spilled the seeds somewhere. Hopefully some of the small eyes I'm seeing will be seedlings and not related to the potted larger hosta.

Too small to judge right now, but I wonder if I could pull them out, make note of where they came from, and grow them on as UNKNOWN. No stripes or anything. Most of my streakers arrived this year. I only had Stargate last year, and it is said to be sterile.

I'll be able to join in the seedling fun next year since I am including a seedling space in the hosta garden. Working on that now.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
donrawson
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™