peppers

chester5731(5)August 2, 2010

Last year my peppers done well. This year I am stumped. The plants look good with a nice green color. A few plants have four or five peppers on them but the rest don't even have any blossoms. Could it be that I planted them late and they just havn't started or could I have some other problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardendawgie(5)

Could it be that I planted them late and they just havn't started or could I have some other problem?

Yes it could be you planted them late and they just havn't started or you could have some other problem!

Bookmark   August 7, 2010 at 9:04PM
chester5731(5)

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am sure they will start producing now!

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 11:08AM
bagardens (Ohio, Zone 5b)

I had problems with my peppers this year also. Early on I had lots of plants whose blossoms kept falling off, they are just now starting to produce half way decently, but still not at all like they should be. I only have a couple of plants with a bunch of peppers on them. I think my problems are weather related. I have been having problems with my tomatoes rotting, and everyone I talk to has also been having similar problems. Just hang in there hopefully you will start to get a bunch of peppers very soon.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 1:11PM
chester5731(5)

Last week I sprayed them with epsom salt and water. It seems to be helping. I might give them another dose later this week. One variety is producing some, but the other has not started yet. Will wait and see.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
Hoss seeder
Anyone using a Hoss Seeder? Please post a review. Thanks...
whfpa
Sprayer Value
Hi- I am thinking of buying a used mistblower sprayer,...
erniew
Finding the right market
Other thread getting too long and going in too may...
2ajsmama
Herbs at market
I am going to be selling more of a variety of potted...
pryz123
Selling Tomato Plants?
We have a small produce farm, and we sell everything...
tawnyap1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™