Thanks to Mid-Atlantic Swap Organizers

HotHabaneroLady(7a Central MD)May 10, 2014

Thank you to gardengranma and the other organizers of the swap today. It was great to meet some of my fellow gardenwebbers and to see the great variety of what people are growing!

Angie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sujiwan_gw

I also wish to give my thanks to our hosts and am thankful to welcome 2 new additions to our swap (HotHab and Angela) and was glad to see some familiar faces.

My sister usually come with, but was unable to so I brought my son for the first time. He had a good time but wished he knew more when asked questions about the tomatoes/peppers/etc.!

I was glad that I had prearranged swaps, otherwise I would have left with nothing as my area was mobbed and I was unable to walk around much at all except to locate people who I had promised items to.

I am thankful when people put their GW names prominently on their cars (maybe include your picture with it!) to enable us to locate you and put name and face together.

If you got tomatoes/peppers/eggplant from me that it turns out you really like, note what variety is was (Written on the cup). Drop me a line via gardenweb so I know to include that one next year. :-)

Sujiwan

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 7:14AM
nancymd2

A huge 'Thank you!' to Gardengranma (and DH) for hosting the swap again this year! Your generosity in opening your garden to us is very much appreciated. And your gardens are stunning and get better every year.

Thank you to all the swappers for sharing your garden bounty. It was also good to see some new folks this year.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 7:41AM
HotHabaneroLady(7a Central MD)

. . . thankful to welcome 2 new additions to our swap (HotHab and Angela) . . . .

I think I am Angela. Unless there was another one. :) Thank you for the purple beauty peppers!

Now that I know this swap exists, I will plant enough extra hot habs to have hot habanero plants for next year! (Assuming I'm still in the country--I'm in the foreign service pre-employment process now and don't know how long I will be here for training once I am in).

Angie

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 8:11AM
CEFreeman(DC/MD Burbs 7B)

As usual, thanks Henrietta & Larry for your open arms.

NancyMD, I looked all over for you, having a lovely, mature, booming native columbine you had on your list!

This has made me want to clean out my neglected gardens. It's hard working 2 jobs and having so many acres to fuss with! See my newest post, coming soon!

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 8:28AM
busyasabee(7MD)

It was a nice day yesterday, glad the rain held off until after the swap! Thanks again to Henny & Larry for hosting. it was great seeing familiar faces and new ones.
I arrived later in the day, but glad to of received plants from my wish-list. For those that had emailed me using my GW Hotmail account, I was having issues accessing, that's why you never received replies. I recovered access, and have sent those that reached out to me separate emails.

Jette

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 11:05AM
ssmdgardener(7)

Thank you to the organizers and to the hosts! It was lovely, as always.

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 5:45PM
gardengranma(6a/6b MD)

We loved it too- planted most everything until it really rained. So now we'll do th rest. Love you all- Gardengranma ans pa

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 5:22PM
More Discussions
Raspberries or Blackberries for northern VA
Hi, Well I posted something about honeyberries and...
zendog
Messaging does work
You need to go into your profile under advanced settings,...
Larry K
Lupinus perennis seeds (already stratified)
anyone know a source for sundial lupine seeds (already...
puffkit
Not a serious Spring Swap post (yet)
Just wanted everyone to know that Henrietta called...
Larry K
Houzz takeover not promising
So far this bites, but I did send them a comment email...
Larry K
Sponsored Products
Black Travel Wallet
$200.00 | Horchow
Korver Leather Loveseat - Brighton Lemon Grass Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Kamenstein Brushed Stainless Steel Paper Towel Holder
Overstock.com
Hammary Vecchio Tile Top Cocktail Table
Beyond Stores
Fresh Tower Tree - 20'
FRONTGATE