My tree is losing bark?

ramieSeptember 19, 2005

I have a sugar maple that I planted 10 years ago. At that time it was very young. Maybe 10' tall and 4" diameter, until now it has done very well. For some reason the bark is coming off the tree. We had a very good growing season. Does anyone have any ideas why it would be losing bark. It is a very special tree as it was planted in my Mom's memory. Thank you for any light that can be shed on this problem.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

Because your tree has such special meaning to you, I suggest you consider spending some money to get a first-hand on-site opinion. Doing so is likely to provide you with accurate information.

Look in the Yellow Pages of the phone book under the heading of Trees or something similar. Then select several companies which have a certified arborist on staff. Request that the certified arborist come for an on-site evaluation.

Compare notes given by the certified arborists, then follow the instructions of the one(s) you feel most comfortable with.

Some companies charge for an on-site visit. Others don't. So, to avoid an unexpected bill, ask when you phone.

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 2:17AM
More Discussions
Has anyone ordered a Jap. Maple online
Looking for a lace leaf japanese maple around 3 Gal....
420benz
Species Acer Palmatum leaves turning red
I have a couple of species A.p. seedlings under lights...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
Is it ok to plant Bloodgood at December in zone 7a?
I got two 45 gallon Bloodgood JM trees on my driveway....
Pro320
Zone 5a and 4b Hardy Japanese Maple Cultivars
This past winter should be a good indicator as to what...
whaas_5a
help choosing a tree
I want to put a row of trees between my neighbor and...
bucks502
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™