Imagine gardening in the country?

cfmuehling(7b DC/MD burbs)May 22, 2007

Hi all!

I just had to post this.

For those of you who have visited my house, you know the area and how great it is.

My neighbor, just this very morning, put a for sale sign up at his house. He has 5 acres, I think, with the creek cutting through the back of his lot, too. Behind us is a 400 acre 4-H Center. We're zoned Open Space, so no one can develop on our property or around us. I don't know how much he wants, but it's Century 21, I'm in Queen Anne Road, and could really use a great neighbor.

I just thought I'd put it up here just in case someone got the bug to live out here. Imagine ...

Christine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cfmuehling(7b DC/MD burbs)

I forgot to mention the house has a pool and finished basement.

I could really use a gardening neighbor. :)

Christine

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 4:49PM
thistle5(z7 VA)

Boy, I imagine it everyday, when I'm trying to fit in the latest plants! A not quite 1/2 acre suburban lot will only hold so much. I would LOVE to have room to plant more trees, an orchard, have a pond...off to buy lottery tickets right now, so I can not only buy the place, but be able to stay home & garden all day...

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 5:28PM
spanaval

So, this must be my big chance to move in next door so I can tour your gardens and we can enable each other into bankrupcy.

Since we're on the subject, did you know that Brent and Becky's is having a 50% off sale? There are lots of things orange/red/burgundy foliage, etc. You better hurry before someone else snags YOUR plants.

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 5:54PM
gardnwatch

Would love to have you as my neighbor too.....what fun and mischief we would get into. We'd have to build a greenhouse ...
Bonnie

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 5:55PM
lynneinmd

Unfortunately, the listing still isn't up on Century 21... or if it is, I can't find it, dangit!!

=)

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 9:36PM

I sent Lynn the realtor's phone number I got from the owner. Anyone tempted? [eyebrow wiggle]

Christine

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 10:15AM
Brent_In_NoVA(z7/6 VA)

Yes please send me the phone number. I have a good friend that raises pit bulls and he could sure expand business with 5 acres! His boys would sure have fun shooting guns and racing their motorcycles with that kind of room! Maybe he will let me park my camper on his front lawn after he moves in!

Okay...just kidding...I just moved a year ago and I am defintely not moving anytime soon. Suja on 5 acres? I don't think her husband would allow that.

Have a good weekend!

- Brent

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 4:28PM
spanaval

Brent, maybe no one should tell my husband, but I *am* on 5 acres. Actually, a tad more.

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 5:17PM

Brent?
My husband would love your friends. So would our Rotweiler. The camper thing? We'd have to talk. But just as long as there weren't any appliances on the front porch or a trailer with snow mobiles attached to a not-running cadillac on the side yard? I'm cool with it if they garden.

Christine

Bookmark   May 26, 2007 at 7:04AM
More Discussions
any luck with "Bangle Spanish Gorse"?
I saw this plant on Wayside recently, and it might...
trackmom
Sweet Potatoes Curled
This was my first year trying to grow sweet potatoes....
freedomeagle
Looking for nursery for Ginkgo seedlings (bareroot)
i am looking for a wholesale nursery that will sell...
maple_man
Ok, I've got this bird...
that by all glimpses and pictures, indicates it might...
CEFreeman_GW
My new bed (Hugelkultur & Lasagna Gardening)
So last week I put this thing together. I used materials...
CEFreeman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™