Sell a Crimson Queen??

ashie0324September 25, 2013

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. We are currently doing construction to our house and what I believe to be a Crimson Queen is in the way of where we need to build. Everyone that sees it comments on what a beautiful, expensive tree it is. Instead of just cutting it down, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a market anywhere to sell mature trees. I'm sure there are multiple people out there who would love the tree (I can post pictures in the morning when I go outside), I'm just not sure how to sell it.
Help appreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buckeye15(No OH)

New York state law states that all nursery stock must be inspected and sold only by licensed nurseries.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 7:06AM
gardengal48

If it is a one time deal, I'd advertise on Craig's list or ebay. Realize that selling personally - without the benefit of a nursery, plant broker etc. - you cannot expect to ask/receive the same price that tree would demand in a retail setting.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 6:14PM
nyboy

I see them on craigs list here in NY all the time. Buyer must dig up and fill hole after tree removed. Because of the work don't ask alot for tree. Might even offer for free just so tree lives.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 8:50AM
More Discussions
Tamukeyama Japanese maple
What are the growing habits of this tree. Hight, weeping...
420benz
Is this japanese maple dying?
I've have this young beni schichihenge for its first...
ledouchebag
Is it ok to plant Bloodgood at December in zone 7a?
I got two 45 gallon Bloodgood JM trees on my driveway....
Pro320
Central lead?
Had this tree planted in the fall and getting increasingly...
libratravel
Zone 5a and 4b Hardy Japanese Maple Cultivars
This past winter should be a good indicator as to what...
whaas_5a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™