Should I or shouldn't I? Pat Austin Rose.....

MinnesotaSue_z4(western MN)May 9, 2006

I have been tempted by the Pat Austin Rose I saw recently. I looked at it again today. Should I or shouldn't I? I know they are only hardy to zone 5 but maybe with minimal coverage I could get by out here on the prairie. Whadda ya think?

PS: As much as I would love to answer everyone's questions or make comments, my computer time is now limited to 20 minutes every 3-4 hours. I was diagnosised with thoracic outlet syndrome and need to get that taken care of before my hands and forearms stay constantly numb. Thank heavens I can still work 3 shifts a week and garden, less intently but still garden. Life gets so interesting, doesn't it? LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
althea_gw

I have never been known to try to talk someone out of getting a David Austin rose. Besides the Pat Austin, you also might want to try a Heritage, Crown Princess Margareta, Othello .....

Cover them well in the winter.

Bookmark   May 9, 2006 at 7:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twohuskies(z4A Mpls, MN)

Yes, do it!! I have heard on the rose forum that Pat isn't one of the more hardy ones though so make sure to give it lots of winter protection.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed for good. Numbness in the hands/forearms doesn't sound like fun..

Bookmark   May 9, 2006 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
clivia
I have a huge yellow clivia for free
lonemuchow
Log Home for sale
We are going to be putting our home on the market soon...
doucanoe
What would you plant here?
Hi, I have a new house and I'm trying to get the foundation...
zone4newby
Have you grown foxglove or sweetpea from seed?
I was wondering, have any of you grown these from seed?...
primgal36
Help ID'ing blue flowers
Some of you may remember my neighbor, Sara, who was...
jel48
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™