Plant Swap: 6/1 in Plymouth

leaveswave(.)May 1, 2009

Date: JUN-01-2009

Time: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.

Address: 14800 34th Ave. No.

Description: The Stewards for Greening Plymouth will host a spring plant swap on June 1, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Plymouth Creek Center parking lot. Bring perennials that you'd like to share and pick up free plants being shared by others.

Participation requirements are simple. Place extra plants in pots and label them with their common names. Seeds and plantwares (pots, tools and the like) are also acceptable swap items.

Following the plant swap, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. joing the Hennepin County Master Gardeners in the Plymouth Creek Center Ballroom for a presentation on Vegetable and Small Fruit Varieties presented by Terry Nennich, Regional Extension Educator from Crookston.

Questions? Call Forester Paul Buck at 763-509-5944.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leaveswave(.)

Less than two weeks away. With Master Gardeners participating, there's always some really interesting contributions!

Bookmark   May 20, 2009 at 8:29AM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

I have attended for several years. It's always interesting and very casual. People place their plants behind their cars then walk around choosing plants from behind everyone else's cars. Last year I got some mixed irises that are just beginning to bloom now. It's fun to see what colors are opening.

This has not been a one for one swap as several people bring many, many plants to share. Bring what you can and take what you want. No one wants to take the same plants back home.

Also want to reaffirm that books and plantwares are welcome.

Bookmark   May 20, 2009 at 10:43AM
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

I heard there will be a Master Gardener fundraising plant sale- anyone know more about it?

Bookmark   May 20, 2009 at 2:32PM
dandy_line(3B (Brainerd, Mn))

I want to thank whoever broght the Virginia Bluebells that I got last year. It is in bloom right now and is quite spectacular. Hope I do as well again this year.
See you there.

Bookmark   May 31, 2009 at 5:39PM
More Discussions
Late Summer Garden Swap???
Anyone interested in a late summer/early autumn garden...
KittyWitty
Log Home for sale
We are going to be putting our home on the market soon...
doucanoe
Favorite hardy roses
I want to add another rose to my garden, so I'd love...
stpaulite
Seed catalog time
Over the past two weeks a whole lot of seed and nursery...
OldDutch
Have you grown foxglove or sweetpea from seed?
I was wondering, have any of you grown these from seed?...
primgal36
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™