friends of the market

buggsyAugust 14, 2006

hello everyone

myself and another vendor have just taken over the managing of our market 6 weeks ago. in the spring we had 3 vendors now after alot of leg work we now have 19 vendors. we are just wondering if there are any ideas out there that we could use to increase our vendors and customers, we just had a corn roast, bbq , demonstration chef cooking our produce and a kids tractor pull . also does any other markets have a friends of the market group to help out and raise funds for their market?

thanks

buggsy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
budb(8b)

Buggsy
Get a copy of "The New Farmers' Market".
It should be required reading for all new managers or
vendors.
Good luck with your new market!
Bud

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 9:40PM
heidi41(z5 Mass)

Buggsy:
Our market manager lost interest in the middle of the season, but the vendors(about 10 )kept it going. It turned out to be a really good thing. I will be taking over as the manager next year,I can't wait. We have alrealy advertising for the 2007 season vendors. We've had a lot of possitive responses. Also, the book "The New Farmers Market" really is an awsome book. Good luck with your market, Heidi

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 1:43PM
heidi41(z5 Mass)

Just a update on our improving market...We had a new vendor come to the market. Instead of driving a pick up truck, he came to the market with a HORSE DRAWN WAGON. Talk about a crowd pleaser. He used the wagon as part of his display, the horse obviously wasn't able to stay at the market(liability reasons) I think our market is definetly on the up swing for next season. Heidi

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 9:31AM
More Discussions
electric mantis tiller?
I am thinking of getting one for use in hoop houses....
jnjfarm_gw
Winter market, 2015
Darn phone, it said this message was rejected. Sorry...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
Finding the right market
Other thread getting too long and going in too may...
2ajsmama
Bed Shaper
Quick question, does anyone use a bed shaper? I am...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
surplus
Normally I have a restaurant that buys 150 lbs/week...
brookw_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™