What is your favorite coral bell?

happyinthegarden(4)May 30, 2010

I'm becoming obsessed by Coral Bells and I want to pick up some new ones to plant with my hostas but I can't decide. I really like "Georgia Peach", "Caramel", "Obsidian", and "Chocolate Ruffle" but there is so many to pick from.

What is your favorite and why?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoghaven_duluthmn

Apparently you are growing coral bells for the foliage. My favorite coral bells turned out to be "firefly". It actually does not have the showiest foliage, but the bells were great. It only lived for 3 years or so.

Bookmark   June 1, 2010 at 1:42PM
doucanoe

My current favorite is "Snow Angel". I have two, one I put in a couple of years ago and I liked it so much I added another last year. The foliage is green and white speckled, and it produces MANY flowers! (I think my two year old right now has at least 20-25 flower stalks coming up on it!)

For foliage only, I like "Venus". I also have "Marmalade", but it has not done all that great for me. It comes up every year (5th season, now) but does not get very large and the flowers it does produce are rather insignificant. But it is a lovely bronze color.

Linda

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 11:29AM
debplus3(z4MN)

One of my favorites is Green Spice--I get comments about how beautiful it is--beautiful foliage and it has increased in size for me beautifully which I can't say about all my heuchera. The flowers aren't that great, though. For flowers, I prefer, Splendins, (I think that's the name) The flowers are a bright red and it blooms for a very long time. I also like the foliage on Peach Melba. I also liked snow angel, mentioned above, but it didn't do well for me and eventually just kind of disappeared, maybe because it was small and getting crowded out by other things, my fault. I also like the foliage on lime rickey--very bright lime green. I just divided that as the tubers were growing up and out of the ground like they do and hope to have more of them soon!
Deb

Bookmark   June 11, 2010 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
Fairy Garden
If there is anyone that knows anything about fairy...
Minnesota_Grandma
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
Tips for Growing beets?
I've tried growing beets for 3 years now, every year...
srj19
apple trees
What should you do to keep apples from insects when...
andrew414141
Wildflower seeds for Mn gardeners
I'm offering free seeds for Mn folks(and other upper...
dandy_line
Sponsored Products
Vintage Handcrafted Wood Table Lamp with Fabric Bell Shade
ParrotUncle
Hinkley Riley 18 1/4" High Bronze Outdoor Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Vibe Lowback Office Chair in Black
$299.00 | LexMod
Illumine Designer Collection 1-Light 8 in. Steel Wall Sconce with Amber Glass Sh
$44.96 | Home Depot
Copeland Furniture | Sarah Sleigh Bed with High Footboard, Queen
YLiving.com
British Tan Vintage Cotton Velvet Curtain
Overstock.com
Hudson Tufted-Linen Sofa 131"L
$3,869.00 | Horchow
Traditional Brass Push Plate
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™