pumpkin prices?

misterg(z5IL)September 17, 2004

this is my first year growing and I have figured out most pricing, but can someone tell me how to price pumpkins for a farmer's market? also - is there a price guide somewhere that I might look this up?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robin_maine

I'm selling Rouge vif d'Etamps at farmers market and farmstand for: small $5, medium $6, large $7 and huge for $10.

Bookmark   September 19, 2004 at 1:51PM
benardnyongesa34_yahoo_com

pls assist me to get market for my pumpkins it is a newly project that i have started and it is actually doing very well
Thanks in advance.

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 6:17AM
little_minnie(zone 4a)

For fancy pumpkins I figure 50c per pound and reduce a little bit as necessary. Your average pumpkin around here sells all over for $2 so it is hard for me to sell fancy pumpkins just for decoration.

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 3:31PM
myfamilysfarm

For me, it's too early to decide the prices. Alot of things can go wrong between now and pumpkin harvesting time. Alot of prices depend upon how many pumpkins are available.

I haven't planted mine yet, I know it's getting late.

Marla

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 4:51PM
tulsacityfarmer(6)

It depends on varity-myfamilyfarm- I planted my 115 day pumkins two weeks ago and i have some to plant this week, then the last ones week aftyer next. I like mine to ripen the last week of sept-first of oct.,but thats me. I wait to see what everyone else is selling for.

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 12:22AM
myfamilysfarm

I like to start picking after Labor Day, with just a few ready for Labor Day. People seem to want to start decorating on Labor Day weekend around here. I won't be planting or doing anything for awhile, severe rains with hail just beginning to calm down. Can't check the rain gauge yet, but I would guess 2" within the last hour.

Marla

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 7:33AM
More Discussions
Sprayer Value
Hi- I am thinking of buying a used mistblower sprayer,...
erniew
Selling Tomato Plants?
We have a small produce farm, and we sell everything...
tawnyap1
Winter markets, going better?
We had another winter market last Saturday. Due to...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
surplus
Normally I have a restaurant that buys 150 lbs/week...
brookw_gw
Micro Greens -- Profitable?
I would like to hear from anyone growing and selling...
heirloom_lady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™