I need some Manure, please..

crabjoe(z7 MD)July 20, 2007

Anyone in my area (I'm in Port Deposit, MD, just off the Susquehanna River) want to get rid of some stable manure (horse, cow, goats)? I'll be happy to shovel it in the back of my pickup to take it away for ya. :) I need to amend my rock hard clay soil and my compost source had to shut down until spring... :(

BTW, anyone in Harford County know about the compost that they sell? I had head through the grapevine that they will fill a pickup bed full of compost for $15.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sam_md

I was at the Harford Co Compost facility last week. You show your driver's license at the gate. County residents can haul away a certain amount of compost or mulch for free. As you noted, larger amounts are sold for a charge.
The compost is black and completely decomposed. Best of all, no weed seeds like manure. If I were you I would get a truckload, just come down Conowingo Road and right onto Sandy Hook Rd., hang another right at the 3-way stop.
Even better, you can haul brush, grass, leaves etc down and get rid of it on the same trip. Be sure to bring a tarp or it will all blow out on your way home.
Sam

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Jujuge Cuttings
For any jujube growers in the northern VA area, I have...
charlieboring
Leafgro??
I started a new 10' x 12' raised bed this year and...
tinyspaceinannapolis
Raspberries or Blackberries for northern VA
Hi, Well I posted something about honeyberries and...
zendog
Ok, I've got this bird...
that by all glimpses and pictures, indicates it might...
CEFreeman_GW
Sweet Potatoes Curled
This was my first year trying to grow sweet potatoes....
freedomeagle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™